Senior Mechanical Engineer
- ogłoszenie wygasło 2 lata temu
- Umowa o pracę
- Pełny etat
- Starszy specjalista (Senior)
You will be part of a highly visible and motivated Aesthetics team inside the Laundry organization and will be responsible for design and development of Doors, User interfaces, Tops, etc.
Whirlpool is looking for a qualified candidate in the role of Product Development Engineer for our Laundry Aesthetics team. The engineer will be responsible for global Laundry Mechanical Structures and aesthetics subsystem deliverables, including development, execution, verification and validation, working with global cross functional teams during various phases of projects and across various technologies such as structural mechanics, plastic design, sheet metal design, rubber, glass, etc.
- Drive New Product Development / Cost & Quality projects for Laundry business with a focus on Aesthetics & structural components (Dryer doors, front panels, tops, etc)
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously and drive them to implementation using the project management tools by closely working with design, product approval, manufacturing, assembling and interface teams.
- Concept development, design creation, concept evaluation & selection, verification & validation and implementing in to production (plastics, sheet metal, rubber and glass components)
- Fine-tuning of concepts (Hand calculations, Fit & Finish, material selection, design for manufacturing (DFM) / Design for Assembly (DFA))
- Drive module-level requirements, functional decomposition of requirements, perform FMEA (Failure Mode and Effect Analysis), and work with stakeholders on verification and validation plans.
- Drive design using Six Sigma or OPEX - Operational Excellence Tools (Thought Map, Product Map, Process Map, DOE’s,( Design of Experiment), COV’s, (Concept of Variations), apply GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) stack up, and perform drawing reviews.
- Work with the product approval team to create the test plans, writing the lab requests and coordinating with the labs to perform the tests.
- Understanding and reviewing simulation reports (Formability, Mold flow, etc) and incorporating recommendations into design.
- Work with procurement and suppliers to coordinate developing the tools by running the DFM’s and manufacturability reviews.
- Releasing the parts and assemblies within the PLM (Product Life Cycle Management) tool.
- Work with a quality team to run the First part approvals (FPA’s) and Product Part Approval Process (PPAP).
- Support roadmaps and strategy plans around specific aesthetical modules and attributes to help reduce complexity.
- Sound structural knowledge and hands on experience in problem solving
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in product development
- Proficiency in English Language
- Master’s degree in Engineering Mechanical / Production / Automobile or related field
- Problem-solving approach with OPEX (Operational Excellence) or Six Sigma certification
- Project Management certification (PMP) is an added advantage
- Experience in the selection and application of materials for component design; facilitating effective communication across teams; launching a product in the market; working with cross-functional teams in a matrix environment.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. This includes the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of Whirlpool’s organization
- Hands on experience in any CAD tools (Creo is preferred)
- Team player and result oriented
- Stable employment based on full-time job contract
- International working environment in the dynamic company
- Access to the latest knowledge and technologies enabling professional development
- Trainings and development possibilities
- Participating in international projects
- Competitive salary dependent on experience and qualifications
- Private medical coverage, Sports card, Life insurance
- Well-equipped Social Fund (vouchers for Christmas, co-financing holidays, allowances)
Please upload your CV in English