At WYG, our vision is clear: To inspire our clients and our people to create positive change through our imagination and expertise. Resourceful, confident and authentic, we promise unique solutions, and we deliver every time. The qualities we share help us match the impact of far bigger consultancies - from client focus and collaborative spirit, to strategic and ethical thinking. Our design teams offer public and private clients around the world expertise through the full project life cycle, including design, procurement and management.
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our established Mechanical team based in London. The Senior Engineers role is key to the structure and performance of the engineering team.
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location London - St John Street
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Production of structural designs associated with precast concrete products;
- Liaising With Internal and External Clients, Contractors and Consultants;
- Supervision of Engineers and CAD Technicians;
- Ensuring work output conforms to specifications and Standard/Code requirements;
- Providing design office support to production departments;
- Assist with drawing queries from estimating & commercial staff on technical matters regarding product use and manufacture;
- Managing the design function and external liaison on specific projects and maintaining project records;
- Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to the job;
- Carry out any other reasonable request made by line manager to support departmental or company objectives.
- HNC, HND/BEng, BSc or similar level qualification in Civil/Structural Engineering;
- Significant experience of Design and detailing of structures in reinforced concrete;
- Experience of reinforced concrete design in a civil engineering environment;
- Minimum 4 years relevant work experience;
- Ability to work on own initiative, but understand level of responsibility within the team;
- Good time management skills, with ability to prioritise work and manage a number of tasks concurrently;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to interact with a wide range of people including clients, contractors, consultants, and production operatives;
- Be highly motivated;
- Experience in AutoCAD;
- Mentoring of less experienced engineers;
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Hold a valid driving license.
- Previous experience of working in Precast Concrete manufacturing environment;
- Design of structures in prestressed and/or precast concrete;
- Knowledge of Civil Engineering products (eg Drainage pipes/manhole/shafts/cover slabs);
- Knowledge of Structural Analysis and modelling packages, eg SCIA, Tekla, Revit ;
- Corporate membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers or the Institution of Structural Engineers;
- Be a highly motivated individual with initiative;
- Excellent communications skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Ability to work under their own direction or within a small team of professionals;
- Be keen to develop their individual capability and that of the team.