Senior .Net Developer
Ref no: POL000IY
About EY GDS
EY Technology is a global organization that works with our internal clients, to provide IT support and solution to client teams, internal support functions and global projects and programs. Over the next few years, GDS Poland will increase the number of IT professionals in its center to develop and support EY’s business and internal applications. These professionals include IT project managers, business analysts, software architects, infrastructure engineers.
EY Technology team maintains and enhances EY’s IT infrastructure and works for our internal clients across the globe. You will work with EY locations, supporting our service lines and key business processes or be part a dedicated IT team handling cross-organizational initiatives and transformational projects.
Developer will be part of the EMEIA Tax IT Service Delivery Team.
The Tax IT Service Delivery team is responsible for the end-to-end delivery of programs/projects to develop and maintain global applications and systems. The team is geographically dispersed and comprises of all disciplines required to deliver IT solutions for our customers, including project managers, business analysts, application engineers, quality assurance & testers and implementation managers. In addition the function works closely with the Technical Lead on the project. In accordance with EY Solution delivery standards, Markets IT Service Delivery team makes use of the latest releases of technology from Microsoft amongst others. They are responsible for the delivery of programs that offer a chance to work on web applications that span the spectrum of devices from desktop to tablets to smart phones.
- Develop and deliver technical systems
- Understand and implement EY SADS (Security Application Development Standards)
- Maintain adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
- Provide support and documentation to assist in sustaining the project during the transition to production where necessary
- Adhere to Application Engineering methodologies, standards
- Provide feedback regarding application engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices when appropriate
- Identify potential points of contention for missed activities and notify project leadership of situation and remediation plan
- Minimize technical exposure and risk on projects
- Technical deliverables (i.e., code and documentation) on projects assigned
- Maintain effective and consistent communication within the team, with peers, the leadership team and the peers in other IT groups
- Proactively raise issues to Technical and Group Leads when necessary
- Produce high quality application engineering deliverables in accordance with the project timeline
- Build and unit test a project to detailed design specifications
- Proactively identifies and addresses application engineering strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Work with security certification team to understand what has to be remediated to be in accordance with EY Security Standards and not new security leak during the update
- Proactively anticipates project issues before they occur; defines the problem; identifies possible causes; works with team to identify solutions; selects and implements most appropriate solution
- Applies judgment in implementing Application Engineering methodologies, processes, and practices to specific requirements of projects/programs which may include product design engineering, information security, code maintainability and reliability
- Sound analytical skills and problem solving skills needed to manage multiple technical challenges simultaneously per each project assigned when needed
Bachelor’s degree in a technical field and/or equivalent work experience.
At least 5 years of relevant hands on work experience building, integrating and delivering enterprise-wide web and windows applications using Microsoft and other technologies for large organizations on complex projects.
5+ years of ASP.Net MVC, ASP.Net Web Forms and Win Forms experience
2-3 years of experience with Team Foundation Server.
1+ years of experience with Object-Relational Mappers such as Entity Framework or NHibernate
Experience with HTML 5, JSON, Web Services, WCF, WPF, VBA and SharePoint would be a plus
Experience of developing on Mobile platforms is a nice to have
Experience or familiarity with Actor model frameworks such as Microsoft Orleans Framework or Akka.Net is a nice to have
In-depth knowledge of object oriented analysis and design (OOAD) principles, and familiarity with many design patterns for Software applications
Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships
Demonstrated expertise in application design and construction, work breakdown structure of items, design and code reviews, unit test and build activities, deployment and performance related activities
Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
Ability to work within diverse, global, virtual teams
Proven ability to thrive under pressure
We offer you
- Work in prestigious stable company with internal clients
- Home office up to 3 days per week
- Fair salary
- Relocation package
- Participating in interesting projects
- Work in a professional, dynamic, truly global team
- Modern office space near market square
- Flexible working hours (Start between 7:00 and 11:00 am)
- Laptop, headset, 2 monitors if needed
- Referral programme
- Play room (Table soccer, PlayStation 4)
- Development opportunities in international multilingual environment