Senior .Net Engineer
Ref no: WRO001N2
About EY GDS
EY Technology is a global organization that works with our internal clients, to provide IT support and solution to client teams, internal support functions and global projects and programs. Over the next few years, GDS Poland will increase the number of IT professionals in its center to develop and support EY’s business and internal applications. These professionals include IT project managers, business analysts, software architects, infrastructure engineers.
EY Technology team maintains and enhances EY’s IT infrastructure and works for our internal clients across the globe. You will work with EY locations, supporting our service lines and key business processes or be part a dedicated IT team handling cross-organizational initiatives and transformational projects.
Markets IT Service Delivery is responsible for the end-to-end delivery of programs/projects to develop and maintain global applications and systems. The team is geographically dispersed and comprises of all disciplines required to deliver IT solutions for our customers, including project managers, business analysts, application engineers, quality assurance & testers and implementation managers. In addition the function works closely with the Technical Lead on the project.
Markets IT Service Delivery is forward looking organization and makes use of the latest releases of technology from Microsoft amongst others. They are responsible for the delivery of programs that offer a chance to work on web applications that span the spectrum of devices from desktop to tablets to smart phones.
The .Net Developer is responsible for delivery of high quality code in accordance with functional and non-functional specifications, best practices, standards, guidelines and processes defined for the project. The Senior .Net Developer will have full responsibility for the user interface along with all code that drives it.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Develop and deliver technical systems.
- Maintain adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
- Participate in the development and review of documents to comply with SDLC methodologies [e.g. Engineering Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), estimation, Solution Design Document (SDD) and Software Architecture Documents (SAD)].
- Provide support and documentation to assist in sustaining the project during the transition to production where necessary.
- Adhere to Application Engineering methodologies, standards, code reviews.
- Provide feedback regarding application engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices when appropriate.
- Identify potential points of contention for missed activities and notify project leadership of situation and remediation plan.
- Minimize technical exposure and risk on projects.
- Technical deliverables (i.e., code and documentation) on projects assigned.
- Translate detailed Requirements and Design and Solution Architecture deliverables into detailed design specifications.
- Maintain effective and consistent communication within the team, with peers, the leadership team and the peers in other IT groups.
- Proactively raise issues to Technical and Group Leads when necessary.
- Produce high quality application engineering deliverables in accordance with the project timeline.
- Build and unit test a project to detailed design specifications. .
- Prepare documentation for operations.
- Proactively anticipate project issues before they occur;
- Apply judgment in implementing Application Engineering methodologies, processes, and practices to specific requirements of projects/programs which may include product design engineering, information security, code maintainability and reliability.
- Solid interpersonal communication and team skills required to operate as a contributing member of global technical teams that deliver quality services.
- Strong technical skills designing, developing, debugging, documenting, and implementing applications.
- Strong knowledge and experience in all IT methodologies and life cycles that will be used.
- Possesses an understanding of IT Services: service offerings, technical standards and policies, technical and business strategies as well as organizational structure.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field and/or equivalent work experience.
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience with a concentration in front end design and development.
- 1+ years of AngularJS/RESTFUL APIs experience, a must.
- 6+ years of HTML experience, HTML 5 is a plus.
- 5 years of CSS experience.
- 1+ years of JSON experience.
- 5+ years of ASP.NET/Web API/MVC in C# experience.
- 1+ years of experience with Object-Relational Mappers such as Entity Framework
- 7 years of experience of working with web applications that has a SQL Server backend.
- 5+ years of experience working on N-Tier'd applications.
- A firm grasp of design concepts such as Responsive Design, Progressive Enhancement, Adaptive Rendering, and Minimal Download Strategy.
- 3 years of experience with Team Foundation Server.
- Hands-on object oriented design skills and ability to articulate designs using UML diagrams
- Demonstrated experience working for large organizations on complex projects.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to work within diverse, global, virtual teams.
- Proven ability to thrive under pressure.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on service offerings and products provided by IT.
We offer you:
- Work in prestigious stable company with internal clients
- Home office up to 3 days per week
- Development opportunities in international multilingual environment
- Fair salary
- Relocation package
- Participating in interesting projects
- Work in a professional, dynamic, truly global team
- Modern office space near market square
- Flexible working hours (Start between 7:00 and 11:00 am)
- Laptop, headset, 2 monitors if needed
- Referral programme
- Play room (Table soccer, PlayStation 4)