sharing the costs of sports activities
Senior Oracle DBA
KrakówKraków, Lesser Poland
- offer expired 3 months ago
- contract of employment
- senior specialist (Senior)
- home office work
- remote recruitment
Technologies we use
About the project
Are you a technically skilled Oracle DBA with 5+ years of experience and good knowledge of PostgreSQL?
Do you enjoy a challenge and are willing to push yourself?
Do you have knowledge of migrating databases across platforms and versions?
We are looking for a motivated, experienced, and skilled Oracle DBA with Postgres to assist the migration team with moving thousands of Oracle databases to a new strategic platform.
The Migration Factory team is tasked with moving infrastructure technology to new strategic platforms to enable numerous programs. As well as database, we support middleware, network, storage and Operating System moves. The migration team is spread across multiple regions and locations.
We're looking for a new colleague who:
• Is willing to jump in into a complex environment of large and DevOps tools in an agile working environment
• Wants to join our team of DevOps engineers and Oracle DBAs and take part in large scale upgrade and migration projects
• Likes to support, troubleshoot and tune Databases on many environments collaborating with international teams
What you can expect:
• Interacting with application teams to plan and execute the migrations
• Perform all technical tasks related to the move
• Building and documenting migration paths for new technologies
• Providing support to other members of the team
• Willing to work unsociable hours to meet the goals of the team (occasional Saturday's migrations shall be considered)
• Ability to work independently and set own priorities
• Database upgrades & migrations, cloning , backup, restore & recovery using RMAN
• Diagnose and resolve performance, connectivity, security and database corruption issues in a critical production environment
• All above applicable to infrastructure which has standalone and RAC databases using file-system based or ASM based storage
• Setup and maintain High-Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions
• Participating in PoCs to evaluate new technologies and systems (PostgreSQL) and playing an important role as a project member for future upgrades and migrations
• An experienced Oracle DBA (5+ years)
• An excellent communicator, with strong interpersonal skills
• Motivated, self-directed and driven
• Fluent in English - C1 Advanced
• Strong DBA knowledge of PostgreSQL and the concept of container and pluggable DBs
• Knowledge and hands-on with Grid-Infrastructure
• Troubleshooting skills and performance tuning
• Production support experience of Oracle 10g, 11g, 12c, 18c including RAC and Dataguard
• Built and supported High Availability solutions, using varied technologies
• Prior experience in migrating databases to new platforms using multiple techniques
• Knowledge of Unix system administration relevant to Oracle database management
• Experience in RAC/ASM, Grid Control Management and Golden Gate replication, High-Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions
• Proficiency in Standby and Data Guard technology
This project requires flexibility in terms of the weekend work.
The potential candidate should be aware of Saturday's work being requested. Ca. 2 Saturdays per month shall be considered, to be compensated with a day off during the usual work week. There is also a possibility to shift the working week from standard Monday-Friday to Tuesday-Saturday, depending on the employee's preference. The client is open to consider both scenarios.
• Linux RHEL 7 and Scripting skills would be of help
• Previous experience of Migrations from Oracle to PostgreSQL
• Previous experience in the banking industry or large corporate environments
What we offer
Premium medical insurance with dental care. We look after those who work for us by offering the best private medical care options, including dental, to our employees.
Flexible working hours. Your schedule is your choice.
Remote work options. Expertise doesn’t exist only in offices. Change the world from the comfort of your own home office.
Cutting-edge workspaces and tools. Offices based around the latest design philosophies and equipped with top-notch facilities provide you with everything you need to succeed.
The Employee Assistance Program. Counseling on a variety of topics – from bereavement to managing life changes – is available for our employees and their families.
Elite learning and development options. Learn what you want, where you want, how you want.
Vibrant professional communities. Connect with fellow experts in your field to advance your knowledge and share expertise.
private medical care
sharing the costs of foreign language classes
sharing the costs of professional training & courses
remote work opportunities
flexible working time
retirement pension plan
no dress code
coffee / tea
parking space for employees
employee referral program
Internal Mobility Program
Car Leasing Program
Opportunity to obtain permits and licenses
Send Your Resume and talk to our Recruitment Specialist
Interview with Technical Specialist
Project Lead Interview
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, is a global digital strategy and software engineering firm providing bespoke technology solutions. We combine a unique blend of engineering excellence and deep industry expertise, specializing in automotive, financial services, travel, healthcare, media and telecom. Technology is our passion and excellence is what we constantly strive for. Our focus on top engineering talent means that you will be working with best industry professionals from around the world.
Internal Mobility and Relocation
Internal Mobility. Luxoft is a company with wide-ranging opportunities and projects that cover the globe. As such, if you want to apply your expertise to a new project, or if you want to develop your career in a new location or in a new position with new responsibilities, our Internal Mobility practice is ready to help you achieve your goals.
Relocation. If you join our team from outside Poland, we offer a whole suite of support options to make relocation smooth both for you and your family. We take care of the paperwork, assign you your very own Relocation Specialist, and provide you the option to join our Buddy Program, in which a member of our team who has experienced the relocation process will help guide you through the adaptation process. Due, Poland Business Harbour, as IT Specialist you can easily relocate you and your family to Poland. It allows us to start processing candidates from Belarus, Armenia, Georgia, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine to Poland via fast track together with family members. The waiting time for while process is up to 3 weeks.
Diversity makes us stronger
Luxoft, as an international company that benefits from members of far-flung communities collaborating in common purpose, understands the core importance of diversity and inclusion. As such, we have a robust and active Diversity and Inclusion practice.
This practice unites a plethora of efforts such as trainings, numerous internal communities each dedicated to a facet of diversity and inclusion, webinars on key topics, corporate policies on how we embrace diversity, and more.
By focusing on welcoming members of all communities to the table and ensuring everyone is heard, we empower our employees and enable our continual growth.