Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking and asset management capabilities. Founded in 1856, Credit Suisse has expanded to be a global force employing over 45,000 people in 50 countries. With new leadership, a new strategy and a streamlined global organization, we are set for growth. We partner across businesses, divisions and regions to create innovative solutions to meet the needs of our clients—and to help our employees grow.
With a presence in Poland since 2007, Credit Suisse is committed to growing the businesses here. The Poland offices are of central importance to Credit Suisse’s approach to leveraging global talent base.
We offer the chance to work for a renowned, international organization in a collaborative agile environment. We will invest in your development with ongoing opportunities for training, networking and international mobility. Join us and let's shape the future of Credit Suisse together.
Senior Oracle Team Lead for Liquidity # 095257
Risk and Finance IT Global MI is responsible for delivering liquidity risk reporting solutions across all Risk and Finance business serving all business locations.
This role is for lead developer to join the team and further develop the strategic liquidity risk reporting platform for broad adoption by several new business areas within Risk and Finance IT.
The platform uses latest technology stack enabling automation of complex business process.
Overview of the team:
Global MI is a global team spread across Wroclaw, New York, Raleigh, and India, falling under the broader reporting horizontal department (400 member organization) serving Risk and Finance business areas. Team is a much diversified team with members coming from different background with rich talent. Current Global MI team size is 26 members including Oracle/ETL developers – 6 in Wroclaw and 2 (targeted) in Pune.
The team works in Agile methodology (Scrum) to delivery of CTB and RTB projects.
The role will require involvement with various partners (Finance Change, IT teams) for analysing, designing, and implementing the solutions for key regulatory and risk applications used for Liquidity and Regulatory reporting by Credit Suisse Treasury business teams.
On this role you will be also involved in people leadership objective and supporting the application manager and senior management in assessing the performance of the team members and support their career aspirations and technical growth through coaching and mentoring.
End-to-end implementation of the Oracle/ETL Book of Work for Global MI Team in order to deliver a solution that suits the business and partner needs and is aligned with the overall Risk & Finance IT (RF IT) architecture strategy. This includes:
- Being technical representative and single point of contact for Oracle/ETL Liquidity risk reporting team's projects
- Lead a team of full stack developers to design, develop, unit test, and support new features
- Strive for high quality and rapid output through the use of agile software development best practices
- Engage with business analysts, functional architects and other partners to ensure feasibility of the solution and provide design options
- Actively engage with Liquidity risk reporting infrastructure teams to provide stable and complete infrastructure to various initiatives being undertaken
- Providing the required documentation
- Actively call out risks and issues to IT PM, Dev managers and other relevant parties
- Review on a regular basis the design and development work performed by the developers to ensure the project is delivering the intended architecture, including leading code reviews and review workshops
- Ensure peer reviews are in place
- Ensuring that the delivery maintains or improve the level of quality, efficiency, stability and practicability
- Controlling the design and implementation of change requests
- Ensure application owner/Development manager sign off is obtained before release
- Coordinate/work with BA/QA team to ensure smooth QA progress
- Coordinate the release management to ensure the release of his or her Book of Work
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
7+ years’ experience as a technical developer, including 2+ years of team leadership experience
Expertise in developing Complex database objects like Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers using SQL and PL/SQL
Exposure to wide range of technologies and platform including Unix, Oracle database, storage, OBIEE, JIRA and SVN
Hands on experience with Data warehouse concepts, ETL, logical and physical Data Modeling using normalizing Techniques
Good knowledge of key Oracle performance related features such as Query Optimizer, Execution Plans, Indexes, Explain Plan and HINTS. Demonstrated abilities for drafting detailed technical designs from functional specifications
Conduct performance analysis and optimize data processes. Make recommendations for continuous improvement of the data processing environment
Ability to perform technical code reviews for self and peers
Effective communication and social skills
Ability to work in international team of developers and act as a mentor and coach for the team members
Highly motivated & dedicated great teammate, detail oriented and passionate
For more information visit Technology Careers.
- Private medical care
- Life insurance
- Pension plan
- Charity days
- Training and development
- Internal Mobility
- Language training course
- Family – nursery and kindergarten funding, gift vouchers for Christmas
- Parking allowance
- Health promotion: Multisport card, sporting events and groups within Credit Suisse (skiing trips, football team, running team, tennis training course etc.)
- Employee discounts on various products and services (event tickets, consumer products, etc.)
- Relocation package
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible work schedule and working from home (home office)