Local Unit & Position Description
The Global Centre HR will deliver high quality HR services to European countries; service scope is services that are independent and/or can be digitalized. Services are rendered in close collaboration with the GSS HR Regional Centres within Europe and Centres of Competence, together developing the Global Shared Service HR function for DNV GL.
We are seeking Senior Payroll Specialist for our Global Centre HR. Payroll Specialist will be responsible for delivery of day-to-day quality service within Payroll according to legal and company requirements. In addition, you will be part of projects establishing and improving our services with an end to end perspective.
The Senior Payroll Specialist will report to the Head of Section HR Payroll. This is position based in Gdynia, Poland.
Payroll is responsible for the operational payroll end-to-end process and management of the process linked to time management. Across Europe, we use local systems and service providers that are fed by common processes. Payroll is a key function making sure DNV GL is compliant according to local regulations.
To succeed in this role you will lead the way forward utilizing your great project management skills for Europe-wide coordination and implementation projects. You will be a role model for other colleagues in HR Payroll employees and external providers Europe-wide. You will actively support service implementation, development and continuous improvement of HR Payroll deliveries linked to payroll services.
- Be a senior member of a project team to evaluate, design and improve processes within payroll
- Take an active role in implementation of a new system and the design of common solutions
- Administration of country specific data according to local rules and policies
- Participate in monthly salary processing
- Develop into super user of HR System payroll functionality including the handling of system change requests
- Provide for updated work process procedures within payroll and time management
- Focus on solutions for increasing efficiency
- Continue the good cooperation with HR and finance units internally across Europe as well as with external providers
- Minimum 2 years of experience within Payroll related topics with an international scope
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree within HR, Finance or Business Administration
- Experience within business process improvement
- Excellent Excel skills
- Excellent English skills required - written and verbal. Additional European language skills will be advantageous
- Ability to learn and understand payroll systems and HR and IT tools
Characteristics of Successful Employees:
- A caring and respectful team player aligned with the DNV GL company values
- Highly motivated with a flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Excellent communication skills and cultural awareness
- Positive attitude, customer centric mindset and willingness to go the extra mile to meet organizational goals
- Ability to foster positive relationships at all levels of the organization and across multiple locations and countries
- Systematic, structured, accurate and with the ability to handle complex environments
- Attentive to detail and deadlines
- Able to plan and prioritize own workload and manage conflicting deadlines
- Proactive in identifying opportunities to improve procedures and established ways of working
- Drive to learn and develop own expertise
- Willing to share knowledge and support others within a team by delivery on-the job training and coaching
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organizations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
The Global Shared Services (GSS) organization within DNV GL provides high quality, cost effective services and processes within Human Resources, Finance and IT, based on requirements defined by the business areas and Group. GSS also develops central competence for distinct services, projects and development and will support policy, procedures and system implementation on a global, regional, and local level.
GSS is about bringing a team of true process experts together, going for professional service levels at industry standards, and offering centers of expertise for competence based advisory. We are driven by people’s competence and motivation to help and support the business areas. As a member of the GSS community you act in a professional, multi-cultural, competent and service oriented environment with good possibilities to enhance your personal competencies and expertise, and to build a strong network with colleagues around the world.
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future.
DNV GL offers an attractive working environment in an international organization that invests in developing our people. To ensure you are equipped both now and in the future to deliver on expectations within your area, you will receive training fit to your level and role. All newly hired employees can expect to receive induction training, facilitating their transition into the new position. We are situated in a modern and attractive office in a certified sustainable building. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package, and relocation allowance if applicable.
If you want to be part of actively shaping the future of a dynamic company with more than a 150 years heritage, we look forward to receiving your application.