- Roździeńska 49, KatowiceKatowice, Silesian
- Offer expired 16 days ago
- Remote recruitment
- contract of employment
- senior specialist (Senior)
Operations and Engineering Services (OES) is a global organization focused on providing an outstanding customer experience by leading the organization to deliver the highest quality and most reliable products, services and solutions.
The Senior Product Compliance Engineer supports projects to address product standards, certifications, and regulations including those required for electrical safety, management of hazardous substances in products, EMC performance, energy efficiency of products, and end-of-life responsibilities.
The Senior Engineer is also responsible for working with New Product Introduction processes to ensure that new Rockwell Automation products meet relevant product regulations and certification requirements.
In this role you will:
• Ensures completion of product development compliance deliverables including compliance assessment, design review, certification and test plan creation, documentation, and process implementation for new product development introductions;
• May serve as the primary product compliance interface with domestic and third-party safety agencies (such as UL, CSA, FM, TUV, etc.);
• Leads cross-functional projects of small- to medium-scale to enact changes to products and processes to ensure compliance to new or changed product environmental regulations and safety certification requirements;
• Works with Global Product Standards & Regulations organization to monitor and analyze regulatory trends and positions and shares information with impacted business groups;
• Works with Strategic Sourcing and Rockwell Automation suppliers to ensure that the supply chain is positioned and responsive to support RA compliance programs;
• Supports external customers by addressing requirements for product compliance information.
• Leads strategy development, business process development, and critical issue closure across technical disciplines for local organizational functions
• Leads and participates in project teams consisting of cross-functional personnel to address product design issues related to environmental regulations and safety certifications.
• May supervise contractors, interns and third party consultants in daily and project activities.
• Responsible for influencing business groups to incorporate regulatory and certification requirements into product designs for both legacy and new products.
• Gives presentations to share information and obtain support for compliance programs.
• Builds strong relationships and partnerships across the company to leverage ideas, capabilities, and processes. Unifying internal constituents around a common vision and goals, and teaming with others for enhanced outcomes.
• Responsible for the plan and schedule for projects which are of significant and strategic importance to the corporation.
• Monitors and understands complex regulatory and market drivers and their ability to affect product lines. Works with business partners to assess risk and strategy for ensuring compliance of RA products.
• Manages aggressive objectives in context of higher-level business goals / constraints.
• Presents strategies to stakeholders and decision-makers to secure support for programs as necessary.
• Comprehends the needs and requirements of customers or business partners in order to bring strategic value to them. Promoting regulatory compliance and customer needs as the key drivers for business goals and initiatives.
• B. S. Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial or Computer Engineering or related technical field with knowledge in the application of basic engineering and manufacturing principles, theories, and techniques;
• 5 – 7 years’ experience in Manufacturing/Development Engineering Organization, preferably in an electronics manufacturing organization;
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through all levels in the organization;
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are required;
• Demonstrated ability to frame and manage effectively, and with high quality, a large quantity of ambiguous or complex work;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required. LSS and/or PMP certification is a plus;
• Experience in new product development, including utilizing the Rockwell Automation Common Product Development (CPD) • Process as well as knowledge of SAP or equivalent ERP system, is strongly preferred;
• Further education in engineering, business administration, operations or project management is a plus;
• Familiarity with Rockwell Automation products is a plus.
• Experience with Functional Safety product certification;
• Familiarity with SIL calculations, IEC 61508, part 1 thru 7, IEC 13849-1,-2 and IEC 60204 Product Safety;
• FS certified engineer.
What we offer
Private health care
Allowance on MyBenefit platform
Christmas and holiday bonuses
International work environment
Rockwell Automation is the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation and information. We hire more than 23 000 employees in 80 countries. We have been on the market for 115 years, in Katowice for more than 20 and we are still developing on Silesian market.
If you want to be a part of Rockwell Automation, use "Aplikuj" button and send us your CV in English.
Rockwell Automation creates the future.
Create it with us!
We kindly inform that this offer is conditional and chosen candidates will have to go through background check process, performed by an external company. In case of negative verification results, Rockwell Automation will be entitled to withdraw the offer without any consequences.