Eaton – Tczew has an opening for:
Senior Product Engineer
Responsible for engineering activities in boosting product development in any of the following areas: Simulation, design, development, testing, manufacturing, failure analysis. Interface with other engineering personnel for problem solving, product improvement, cost reduction, and other issues as needed.
- Has a strong mechanical or electro-mechanical engineering background (education) enabling him to learn and understand boosting principles. Has good understanding of combustion engines.
- Develops boosting products and their manufacturing processes, and product applications, and applies lessons learned from current products.
- Is responsible for key deliverables on various engineering projects e.g. new customer development programs, launch programs, cost out projects. Provides support and interacts with Design, Manufacturing, and Test Engineering on development work. Meets assigned goals.
- Continues familiarization with design, development, and failure analysis through the use of DFMEA, predictive tools, customer returns, and specific development projects.
- Interfaces with appropriate support departments, such as NVH, Simulation, design, testing, fabrication.
- Performs analysis of designs and problems and reports results in a summarized format and provides recommended actions.
- Develops new products and processes and improves existing products and processes.
- Responds to indirect or direct customer inquiry regarding function and design. Analyzes new applications to optimize performance and packaging for customer applications. Attends customer meetings.
- Provides engineering recommendations on design deviations for manufactured and purchased components. Supports sourcing team in approving new suppliers.
- Provides guidance and assistance to other departments regarding boosting product knowledge. Works with Manufacturing, Quality, Purchasing, Sales, and Suppliers to drive cost and quality improvements.
- Analyzes customer returns, diagnose existing and potential problems, formulate cost-effective solutions. Solves production, development, and field problems.
- Creates and applies Six Sigma for Design and Development (SSDD) tools: QFD, VAVE, FMEA, DOE, Statistical Reliability Modeling for Reliability Prediction, DFM, DFA.
- Establishes tolerances on dimensions and specifications that balance quality, reliability, manufacturability, and durability at low cost.
- Learns and uses CAD system and other Engineering systems (Enovia, etc).to do basic design changes himself/herself
At least Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related field (high degree level preferred)
Strong mechanical or electro-mechanical engineering background and capabilities
Good understanding of combustion engine and combustion process principles
At least 2-3 years of experience in engineering position
English language proficiency, enabling daily communication with international team
CAD knowledge, but preferred knowledge of 3D modeling software
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.