Franklin Templeton Investments remains a leading global investment management organization for more than 65 years thanks to our greatest assets - our employees. With over 9,000 employees working in 35 countries around the world to service over 240 financial products, we offer an exceptional range of diverse career options. Our corporate values reflect the best of our employees. We believe in putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity. We strive to bring a balance of work and life to our employees.
We’re currently looking for a qualified Senior Research Analyst to join our team. This is a fixed term contract till the end of March 2018.
Senior Research Analyst
The role involves independently interpreting and analyzing economic and financial market data and using appropriate analytics to recommend and develop external use information graphics used to promote the launch of new investment capabilities and products.The main responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Independently research and analyze economic and financial market data in order to develop statistics and comparative information graphics for use in a variety of external use sales and marketing applications, including product stories and thematic campaigns, while being cognizant of permissible use and redistribution of third party data.
- Identify data sources, extract and manage data using systems such as Bloomberg Professional, FactSet Premium and Morningstar Direct.
- Prepare, shape, analyze, and visualize data to produce credible research and high quality information graphics. Contribute to the development of interactive data products, such as automated, server-hosted dashboards used to democratize data, consolidate delivery requirements, publish insights, or provide business intelligence on departmental and team operations for consumption by management.
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor's Degree - Business Administration (Economics, Finance, Computer or Information Science) required.
- Master’s Degree - (Business Administration, Finance, Computer or Information Science) required.
- Completion or progress towards completion of the Certificate in Investment Performance Measurement (CIPM), or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation preferred.
- 4-5 years job related experience in the financial services industry or in either the consulting, research, or data services industries working with financial services clients.
- Deep knowledge of mutual fund industry, capital markets, and investment product structures (mutual funds, exchange traded funds, and separate accounts).
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, with detail oriented approach to research, analysis, and data presentation.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills: formulas, functions, charts, pivot tables, macros.
- Familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau.
- Solid database (SQL, Access) skills.
- Solid statistical programming (R, Python) skills.
- Skilled in using third party quantitative research systems, such as Bloomberg Professional, FactSet Premium and Morningstar Direct.
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills required.
- Capable of working independently as well as in groups.
- Possibility to develop your career in a Global environment
- Attractive location
- Benefit package: medical insurance, Life Insurance, Assistance Package, Employee Assistant Program, MultisportCard, Staff investment program
- Stable employment conditions
- Free gym in your office
- Friendly and supportive working environment
- Participation in international projects
- Possibility to lead or support Charity Events