Job type: Full time
Date posted: 04-09-2015
Job reference: 62895BR
Why CH2M HILL
For decades, CH2M HILL has been a global leader in engineering, consulting, design, program management, construction and operations, working on the most challenging and impactful projects around the world. Through these challenging projects, we develop our people — who transform complex and creative ideas into reality, every day. Join us and together we can work to build a sustainable world. We support you to reach your greatest career goals through continued professional development, a positive work life balance and undeniably cool engineering projects. Join employee-owned CH2M HILL and discover why our diverse team has been consistently ranked as one of the leading employers and repeatedly recognized as a best place to work in the U.S.
Description and Desired Qualifications
To prepare and support high quality mechanical designs as part of an integrated project team delivering client solutions.
- Preparing mechanical designs and undertake analysis in the fields of Hydrotechnic, water and wastewater networks, water and wastewater treatment works with sludge treatment, including:
- pump selection (dry pumps, submersible pumps, dosing pumps, sampling pumps).
- selection of mechanical units (including mixers, conveyors, sludge thickeners and centrifuge, dosing systems) for water and waste water plants
- hydraulic calculation, pipe selection (losses, velocity, diameter)
- Selection and design of mechanical components in Hydrotechnical engineering (sluice gates, pen-stocks, lock gates etc)
- Preparing, reviewing and checking mechanical calculations and design
- Preparing and supporting mechanical tender/ outline/ detailed design solutions in accordance with programme and budget constraints
- Liaison with internal / external clients to develop relationships across the business and cooperation with engineers and designers across disciplines
- Ability to organise and provide direction on a number of concurrent activities simultaneously
- Mentoring and development of mechanical team engineers and technicians
- Deliver projects in English
- Willingness to participate in foreign business trips (short duration)
- Continued Professional Development
- Master Degree in Engineering field
- Chartered Engineer / Design Licence with minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Established track record in mechanical engineering
- Experience designing to local and international design codes. Experience and good working knowledge of Eurocodes preferred.
- Design / construction experience in a multidisciplinary, multi-company environment preferred
- Communicative English
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Long term project programs and work commitments
- Permanent contract
- Benefits such as private medical care, life insurance subsidized sport activities, flexible working hours
- Personal development opportunities and possibility to work in a multicultural environment
- Great atmosphere in a young, dynamic and developing team
- Opportunities to work on wide programs in other locations worldwide
What you will find
At CH2M HILL, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M HILL. Ready? Let’s get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M HILL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.