Senior Software Engineering Manager
Miejsce pracy: Katowice
You are responsible for leading project/program design, development and planning activities. Your manager can fire-and-forget. You do what you say you will do, and proactively report changes in plan to your supervisor.
Manages, perhaps through subordinate supervisors, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing. In some instances this manager may be responsible for a functional area and not have any subordinate employees.
- Responsible for making the decisions that impact project/program design, development and planning for one or more projects/programs that impact multiple teams or functions.
- Mentors direct reports, manages performance against expectations, holds at least bi-weekly 1:1s with reports, and provides hiring, performance, compensation feedback on direct reports. Responsible for building and maintaining team of direct reports.
- Leads and inspire teams involved in project/programs under their responsibility and is recognized as a leader broadly at Groupon.
- Defines the quarterly priorities for the teams working on their project/program.
- Frequently interacts with cross functionally, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company. Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team. Able to conduct technical and strategic presentations across and upwards with a division or business unit.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Acts as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements; may have budget responsibilities.
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science with a minimum of 15-20 years of relevant, broad software engineering experience required
- Proven track record of designing and delivering large-scale, highly available, low latency, high quality systems and software products across the complete product lifecycle
- Experience managing complex projects, with significant bottom-line impact
- Experience leading development life cycle process and best practices
- Experience with Agile (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO modeling, SOA, UNIX, middleware, and database systems
- Experience with e-commerce or marketplace products/offerings.