Franklin Templeton Investments remains a leading global investment management organization for more than 65 years thanks to our greatest assets - our employees. With over 9,000 employees working in 35 countries around the world to service over 240 financial products, we offer an exceptional range of diverse career options. Our corporate values reflect the best of our employees. We believe in putting clients first, building relationships, achieving quality results, and working with integrity. We strive to bring a balance of work and life to our employees.
Senior System Analyst
This position is responsible for managing and coordinating the activities performed in a series of development and test environments for the company’s data integration platform. The platform stack consists of a Middleware layer, ODS, and Java Microservices. The platform intermediates between information systems that produce operational data and those that consume the data.
This important role will lead to the efficient use of company resources and contribute to quality goals and the successful execution of integration projects.
This role requires some project management skills but is very much part of the development & service delivery team and requires a strong technical background, broad analytical skills, and good communication skills.
- Scheduling and planning the assignment of environments to projects.
- Identifying the components/configuration required for any given environment (configuration management team executes the configuration).
- Verifying the components/configuration of an environment before turning it over to a project.
- Overseeing change control for the environments - ensuring required changes happen on schedule and that unwanted/unplanned changes do NOT occur.
- Provide a central point of contact for environment support and coordination of resources necessary to maintain the integrity of environments and correct issues as they arise in a timely fashion.
- Works with Configuration Management (CM) and Release Management (RM) teams to continuously improve processes to reduce risk and downtime for environments.
- Works with development, project, CM, and RM teams to validate assumptions around shared vs segregated vs dedicated environment needs relative to environments available.
- Proactively reviews environment capacity - both from a capacity planning perspective (hardware) and number of environments available vs required for upcoming project work.
- Coordinates implementation of changes to existing applications.
- Performs miscellaneous administrative duties as necessary.
- Gathers information and creates reports/metrics.
Ideal candidate has:
- College degree
- Proven Systems Analyst or technical project experience on medium-sized IT projects, including systems design, data analysis, and programming knowledge
- Five to seven years of Systems Analyst or technical project experience on medium-sized IT projects, including systems design, data analysis, and programming knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to interact with team members in a local, international and multi-site environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, understanding span of control to escalate issues to appropriate level
- Possibility to develop your career in a Global environment
- Attractive location
- Benefit package: medical insurance, Life Insurance, Assistance Package, Employee Assistant Program, MultisportCard, Staff investment program
- Stable employment conditions
- Free gym in your office
- Friendly and supportive working environment
- Participation in international projects
- Possibility to lead or support Charity Events