Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of seven Business Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT Equality and Individuals with Disabilities.
Senior Tax Specialist - Manage Indirect Tax
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
Assurance of Indirect Tax Compliance in assigned scope with special focus on review of indirect tax returns figures. Principal Accountabilities:
- Complete/review all indirect tax related accounting activities upon which indirect tax returns depends, including control checks of transactional data to identify any errors or anomalies
- Work with Financial Transaction teams to ensure that errors are properly corrected and that remedial action has been taken to minimize the likelihood of similar errors in future
- Ensure all indirect tax related corrections and adjustments are entered correctly in the ERP system
- Reconcile/review VAT, excise duty, and other indirect taxes
- Prepare/review and deliver timely and accurately indirect tax returns to the Indirect tax Authorities
- Prepare/review intrastat reporting and other statistical reportings
- Provide assistance to indirect tax reviews and statutory audits
- Initiate and deliver ideas to improve the process – quick wins, lead CI projects
- Provide MIT process advise in case of changes in system set up, close cooperation with Superusers in case of system issues,
- Build and maintain close cooperation with local indirect tax advisor
- Ownership for all compliance aspects within assigned scope- including SOAR, CCI, Controls,Metrics,
- Play a leader role among the team
- Assurance of Indirect Tax Compliance in assigned scope with special focus on review of indirect tax returns figures. Improvements of Systems, Process and Stakeholders relations within end to end Indirect Tax Process. Proper interpretation of indirect tax regulations applied in the indirect tax settlement, working in conjunction with the relevant indirect tax advisors.
- Stakeholders in Shell: Tax (Indirect Tax Advisors, Country Tax Leads, Tax Process Owner), Business (Country Controllers and commercial people), Finance Operations ( Operations Managers, Process Managers, Team Managers, Senior Team Managers, Tax Specialists), Financial Processes migrated to Finance Operations.
- Taxes in scope: VAT/ ED/GST/SUT.
- No subordinates although coordination role for FO Tax staff and other teams involved in indirect tax compliance process.
- Processes are heavily loaded towards deadlines for indirect tax returns which may require additional hours at critical times.
- Cooperation with many stakeholders (AP/AR, Indirect tax departments)
- Constantly updating knowledge about local indirect tax related regulations, process and business
- Build trust and confidence in co-operation with onshore organizations
- Demonstrate very good knowledge of the functioning of feeding processes (AP/AR, MHI)
- Provide coaching and advise for colleagues from the team
- University degree
- Min. 3 years experience in accounting/ finance, including min. 1,5 year in indirect tax return preparation and/ or indirect tax audit and/ or experience as the indirect tax advisor
- Deep knowledge about VAT, excise duty and other indirect taxes
- Experience of using a major ERP system such as SAP, SUN, JDE, Oracle, PeopleSoft will be plus
- Good working knowledge of Word and MS Outlook
- Good knowledge of Excel
- fluent English
- Customer focus
- Excellent communication &influencing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Analytical skills
- Pro-active and can do attitude
- Attention to details. Incorrect returns may lead to significant financial penalties for Shell
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Experience in managing change in improving the process
- Ability to work under time/quality pressure
- Experience in project management
- Leadership skills
Find out more
People with disabilities are welcome