Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of seven Business Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT Equality and Individuals with Disabilities.
Senior Tax Specialist with Russian
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
Finance Operations is one of the key enablers for delivering world-class process performance, and represents a milestone on our Finance Functional Plan journey. The role is technically demanding and requires knowledge of specific country tax legislation, compliance, controls requirements.
The role requires skills necessary to transfer legislation into system set-up. The role requires also project management skills and improvement mindset to manage, improve and simplify streamline standardized processes. Effective and timely communication with stakeholders especially stakeholder interfaces can be challenging with a wide variety of stakeholders, in different locations and with competing priorities.
The role is designed for supporting and leading the delivery of activities carried out by the Tax team. It involves individual contributor responsibilities as preparation of tax returns of certain material legal entities. It also provides a very good exposure towards stakeholder management as well as Indirect and Direct tax compliance and Group reporting and ensure appropriate settlements of taxes in Shell companies. Taxes in scope: Direct Tax, Indirect Tax, Property Tax, Local Corporate Tax
- Deliver on time and accurate tax reports, returns and payments for migrated activity and tax provision for all businesses in various tax jurisdictions /countries and adherence to the managerial metrics of the process;
- Understand and operate various tax provisioning/compliance tools;
- Understand Group Accounting and Reporting changes and enable incorporation of such changes and in the process as may be relevant;
- Co-ordinate/support for tax audits as well as support for resolving all audit queries; Provide steer and oversight for updating and maintenance of Key tax assumptions and Work Instructions & Training framework to reduce time to delivery to optimal levels;
- Lead and manage and transition additional/new scope migrations of direct tax / indirect tax activities;
- Support continuous professional development and good practices in of direct tax / indirect tax area;
- Proactively engage with Business and Country tax teams to enable business knowledge sharing and help embed into processes as relevant;
- Keeps abreast of Business developments and Business performance drivers;
- Support in ensuring clear roles and responsibilities and compliance with segregation of duties/authorities across team;
- Continuous focus on improvement opportunities in process & content, identify & actions opportunities to reduce complexity, promote best practices, provide focus on financial issues & achieve operational excellence;
- Pursue identification & implementation of process improvement project pipeline and aid in achieving the process targets;
- Ensure correct and timely escalations of process exceptions or tolerance/variances and their resolution;
- Excellent understanding of impairments, Differed tax Accrual, Differed Tax Liabilities, adjustments on direct tax process
- Proactively engage and maintain strong stakeholder and business connectivity;
- Ensure accuracy on tax deliverables based on risk approach as agreed with Country Tax Lead
- Manage Tax review checklists and Review memos
- Review and deliver final accurate & controlled Tax Reporting data, Tax Returns, Tax estimates & payments
- Review and deliver tax notes for Statutory Reports
- Own and perform business & SOX controls on data used for tax calculations
- Review Audit documentation
- Perform or review SOAR analysis of tax accounts balances and clean up all tax accounts on regular frequency
- Actively participate in migrations of new scope of direct tax / indirect tax activities and ensures optimization of activity execution
- Proper revision of tax returns for given countries/entities
- Ability to understand all impact of business scenario on tax process as well as commercial implications of tax matter for Report One Reporting and Central Group Reporting
- E2E understanding of Tax provisioning process,
- Validation of process/system changes according to law/business changes
- Support to translation of Tax advice to Reporting & Filing inputs from Tax Advisors
- Support to translation of Tax advises and validate with Central Group Reporting
- Support to manage Audit Response & data
- Bachelors / Master’s Degree in Finance with min 4 years of professional experience in tax / finance activity in multinational companies or professional firms.
- Tax Advisor Certificate will be an asset
- Strong accounting, law or tax knowledge of Kazakhstan is required
- Experience in working with Production Sharing Agreement regime will be an asset
- Working knowledge of various ERP systems and excellent MS Office skills.
- Good understanding of Control Frameworks, controls in a tax environment and tax accounting under GAAP and/or IFRS.
- Effective influencing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels including communication with various range of stakeholders and presentation skills
- Analytical skills
- Able to manage risks
- Resilience under the pressure
- Strong coordination skills
- Fluent English
- Fluent Russian
Find out more
People with disabilities are welcome