private medical care
Senior VAT Specialist
Lundbeck Group Business Services
KrakówKraków, Lesser Poland
- offer expired over a month ago
- contract of employment
- senior specialist (Senior)
- remote recruitment
We are looking for a focused, passionate and responsible person who is willing to share knowledge and experience in finance and accounting. If this sounds like a great challenge for you, why don’t you join the Lundbeck community consisting of more than 5,600 employees in more than 50 countries, all driven by an inspiring purpose of restoring brain health?
Why be part of our journey?
The main purpose of the role is acting as an independent tax and finance specialist, ensuring the high-quality Indirect Tax Reporting for locations in scope, being responsible for setting up new VAT products flows. The person will be fully responsible for timely and correct tax reporting. The role includes all activities required to ensure Tax compliance.
Meet the team
As our Senior Tax Specialist, A2R, you will be part of Accounting and Reporting team who consists of around 15 people. A2R team is part of A2R department that is responsible for accounting and group, statutory and tax reporting processes delivered to over 50 entities around the world.
Why is this role important to us?
• Acting as subject matter expert for indirect tax related processes (where agreed, cooperate with local service provider / consultant in terms of local compliance)
• Being responsible for assuring appropriate data quality and correctness of source data used for indirect tax reporting
• Preparing and signing off indirect tax reporting as required by local legislation. Timely filing tax returns to the relevant Tax Authorities, including corrections and adjustments
• Acting as a business partner to Group Tax Department, Local Finance and other stakeholders in own line of business, building and maintaining relationship with main Stakeholders and representing GBS
• Being responsible for executing agreed internal controls for assigned locations, reporting incompliance and risks to the manager
• Being responsible for developing and updating process documentation
• Being point of contact for tax audits and reviews
• Mentoring for Junior Specialists and acting act back up
• Managing queries/ service requests and escalating tax risks to the Team Manager
• Participating / coordinating projects / improvement initiatives / migrations
Minimum 5+ years of overall / combined tax and accounting experience,
Practical experience with International VAT and with tax returns preparation,
Experience in financial accounting and business partnering preferred is an advance
Strong knowledge of MS Office and knowledge of SAP is an advance
English - at least B2/C1 level is a must (another European language is welcome)
Higher university degree in Tax, Accounting or Finance
Tax or accounting qualifications are an advantage
Strong communication skills
Mature attitude towards challenges and problem solving - being able to work with limited guidance and able to determine information needed to resolve more complex issues, manage pressure effectively and cope well with setbacks
Keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which allows for data interpretation versus simple reporting
Taking ownership of assigned responsibilities, including self-learning/researching needed to execute the same
Being able to work to tight deadlines and with switching priorities
Proactive and creative in terms of improving ways of working
What we offer
Lundbeck offers an energizing workplace built on a flat structure and open culture that will allow you to have a visible impact on how things are done. We encourage a collaborative working environment while offering numerous development opportunities for our employees (including training, talent programs, and international assignments). We balance interesting, challenging, and rewarding work with many initiatives and programs focused on well-being, especially in the area of mental health. Your dedication is crucial - that is why you can expect us to be committed to your progress, so you can stay committed to our purpose.
If you are looking for meaningful work and inspiring purpose in your professional life – Lundbeck GBS Krakow is the place for you. Develop your career and be your best!
Highlights of selected benefits:
• Flexible working arrangements and top-notch equipment
• Private healthcare and life insurance
• Employee capital plans (retirement saving system)
• Unique recognition system with attractive rewards
• Cafeteria program
• Holiday bonus for when you’re out of the office
• Comfortable and modern office with well-equipped relax rooms
• Robust integration and event framework
sharing the costs of professional training & courses
remote work opportunities
flexible working time
retirement pension plan
extra social benefits
opportunity to obtain permits and licenses
development and career growth programs
Lundbeck Group Business Services
Lundbeck Group Business Services Krakow (GBS Krakow) is a strategic part of Lundbeck, a global pharmaceutical company based in Copenhagen, specialized in brain diseases. We are tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health, so every person can be their best. To fulfill this purpose, Lundbeck is engaged in the research, development, manufacturing, and commercialization of pharmaceuticals across the world. For more than 70 years, Lundbeck has been at the forefront of neuroscience research.
In Krakow, we contribute to this mission by delivering best-in-class operations and advice to the Lundbeck Group in the areas of Finance Operations, Finance Compliance & Reporting, Procurement, IT & Business Process and System Support, People Services, Legal, Compliance & Sustainability; Process Efficiency as well as People Analytics, Process Excellence, Project Management, and others.
About our recruitment process
If you are interested in this job offer, we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible via the Apply button. Please note that we will contact selected candidates who will meet our selection criteria.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates are very important to us. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our recruitment process is carried out all remotely. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use our digital tools in your recruitment journey. If so, one of our colleagues will provide detailed information on how to leverage those. At the same time, please be aware that all correspondence related to employment will come from an authorized @lundbeck.com email address.