- Powstańców Śląskich 95, Wrocław, PolskaWrocław, dolnośląskie
- Ogłoszenie wygasło 18 dni temu
- Umowa o pracę
- Pełny etat
At the heart of QIAGEN’s business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.
We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can bring our full power to many initiatives and to our presence across the globe.
Our most valuable asset are our employees – more than 5000 in over 35 locations around the world. Our ambition is to ensure we have outstanding and passionate people working in the best teams and we are constantly looking for new talent to join us.
There are few players who have shaped the world of modern science and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have only just started.
If you are looking to advance your career, are seeking new challenges and opportunities, enjoy working in dynamic and international, diverse teams and want to make a real impact on people’s lives, then QIAGEN is where you need to be.
Join us. At QIAGEN, you make a difference every day
Job ID #: EMEA00814
Department: IT / Software Development
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
MDx Software Development department in Wroclaw is key R&D center in QIAGEN. In 2020 we became Software Technology Center responsible for global projects, software technology, DevOps and agile practices. We value innovation, agility, entrepreneurship and getting things done.
A Software Development Manager will work mostly with people (team of 15+ engineers) allowing them to grow and be successful. Another priority will be crafting innovative, creative and agile environment together with Local Leadership Team. This position will be also involved in project work at either technical expert, PM or coach so staying up to date with latest technologies, processes and industry trends will be important.
Successful candidate is passionate about people, technology and Management 3.0. principles. Likes working in dynamic and challenging environment and is willing to learn about biotechnology and QIAGEN products.
In this role you will:
- Lead, motivate and grow team of 15+ software engineers (developers, testers, Scrum Masters)
- Perform 1on1s, development meetings, career planning, interviews with new candidates
- Act as technical expert, advisor or coach in a project
- Evaluate projects to help teams solving technical, process and human factor impediments
- Lead implementation of SW strategy in own team
- Promotes organizational values
- Be a part of local Software Leadership Team and build culture that inspires
- Cooperate with teams and stakeholders located in other R&D centers (Germany, UK, USA)
- University degree in Computer Science or comparable education
- At least 5 years of experience in Software Development
- At least 2 years of experience as Line Manager / Team Lead / similar position
- Good knowledge about each phase of Software Development process
- Hands on programming experience (e.g. JAVA, .NET, C++, DevOps)
- Experience in hiring activities is a plus
- Former experience as Scrum Master, Agile Coach is a plus
- Good communication skills
- Very good collaboration skills
- Very good command of written and spoken English
- Fun to work in an international organization
- Proactivity and “can do” mindset
- Ability to lead and take decisions
- Willingness to develop in biotechnology domain
What we offer
- Possibility to develop in an international company
- Training and development programs
- Private medical care
- Group Life Insurance
- Multisport card
- Flexible benefits platform
- Language classes
- Pension Scheme (PPE) after 12 months
- Childcare subsidy
- Happy Monday :)
- Friendly atmosphere
- Casual dress code
- Attractive location (Sky Tower)
If this interdisciplinary challenge appeals to you, you can expect a highly motivated team that is looking forward to your support! Please apply online, quoting the reference number, with your complete application documents as well as your earliest starting date and salary expectations.
We look forward to hearing from you!