Software Engineer at myairops
GCS Recruitment Specialists LtdO firmie
- Ogłoszenie wygasło 20 dni temu
- Praca zdalna
- Umowa o pracę
- Pełny etat
- Specjalista (Mid / Regular)
This role offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to grow within the business, and work with the latest technologies and engineering processes.
You will be joining a highly collaborative team environment using modern tools and techniques in Agile engineering. As a member of the team you will not only contribute in terms of technical skills but also with respect to process improvement as the team continually look to deliver iterative improvements. With a focus on continuous delivery, automation and the use of cloud technologies. We aren’t afraid to integrate cutting edge technology and we promote a culture where new ideas and innovations are always welcome.
Engineers are at the heart of myairops
Myairops produce next generation software for the aviation industry, built on Microsoft Azure. Our goal is to bring everything business aviation operators and ground handling organisations may need into a single portal. Whether you are doing flight operations, charter sales brokering, aircraft management, continuing airworthiness, operating at an airport, ground handling or crew rostering, it’s all on one platform.
Our offerings are all cloud based and available as mobile applications on both iOS and Android. We integrate with many external aviation data platforms and we see data as an extremely important part of our business. We are looking to utilise cloud tools and processing capability to be more predictive, leading to efficient scheduling of aircraft maintenance and utilise ML & AI to reduce or remove the manual processes that are part of the day-to-day in the aviation industry.
We encourage an open and transparent working environment
As a Software Engineer, you’ll be working with our Engineering team across the full software development lifecycle to help design new features and ensure our platform is stable and scalable. Built on Microsoft Azure in C#, utilising microservices and Angular – we’re using the latest cloud technologies and functionality which you’ll be using to support our platforms and tackle technical challenges such as introducing new features, technologies and phasing out legacy modules.
What will you be doing day-to-day?
- Driving the development process forward by contributing to all aspects of the software delivery lifecycle.
- Working closely with Architects and other Engineers in all aspects of the design and development of solutions to scope and produce features for our platforms.
- Display technical ownership of product components and of your own work.
- Follow and improve the coding standards and patterns in place within the existing product range.
- Maintaining and resolving issues alongside the team.
- Collaborating with other members of the team, product owner and contributing to the agile development process.
- Minimising future coding related support issues including bugs.
- Maintaining a team ethic centred on the successful delivery of projects to agreed quality and timescale.
Who are we looking for?
Our platforms are microservice web applications built in ASP .NET Core and Azure Functions with our front end application built on Angular. Our back end utilises Entity Framework and we utilise Microsoft Azure SQL for our data infrastructure. Due to this, we’re looking for someone with the following technical skills -
- Full stack developer with 3 or more years’ experience in C#
- Confident and experienced with ASP.NET Core, Web API & AJAX
- Experience designing and building against APIs/RESTful services
- Experience using frontend frameworks e.g. Angular, React
- SQL Server scripting and maintenance (Dapper, Entity Framework)
- General network knowledge: HTTP/S and asynchronous web communications
- Git, CI/CD (Azure DevOps)
- Collaborative environments (ideally VSTS)
- Agile engineering process
Desirable further experience, but not essential -
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (specifically Azure)
- Experience with automated UI testing frameworks e.g. Cypress.IO
- Knowledge of microservices
Who do we hire?
Strong collaborative team players with Agile experience and able to demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills with
- Ability to understand customer requirements and work alongside the technical lead and engineering director in the delivery of applicable solutions.
- Self-motivated and driven to achieve professional success.
- Resourceful, energetic and enthusiastic.
- Good attention to detail and problem solving.
- Appreciation of the bigger picture for end to end data communication between differing systems written within different technologies.
- Ability to work well under pressure, both as part of the team and on own initiative.
- Confident and able to communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues.
Package, benefits, training & opportunities
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working culture with work from home options available
- Top spec hardware
- Extensive benefits package
- Location The role will be based in the myairops office in Warsaw, Poland.