Software Engineering Director
- ogłoszenie wygasło rok temu
- Umowa o pracę
- Pełny etat
- praca zdalna
- rekrutacja zdalna
Your new company
For our Client located in Bydgoszcz we are searching for a Director of Software Engineering. The Director of Software Development is a senior-level role responsible for overseeing teams of software developers / programmers, and providing leadership, vision, and direction for the software development organization. This position is responsible for recruiting, developing, and retaining talent, as well as ensuring the software development staff has the skills and capabilities to meet business needs. The Director of Software Development oversees the implementation of software engineering initiatives and is responsible for championing best practices and ensuring initiatives achieve business outcomes
Your new role
Leadership and Strategy Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, vision, and direction for the software development organization.
- Lead the software development organization to successful delivery of business outcomes.
- Ensure control and discipline of Project Portfolio Management practices
- Build strong working relationships with business leaders to ensure software development team meet expectations and contribute to achievement of business goals.
- Ensure balance between continuous improvements and required system maintenance.
- Ensure the production system is highly available (99.95% up-time).
- Set clear objectives and targets for the software developers and the organization.
- Ensure technical integrity and quality standards of solutions.
- Provide high-level application support for internal users and clients as applicable.
- Collaborate with IT and business leaders to develop short- and long-term strategic plans for the software development organization.
- Support and facilitate innovative and experimental software development work to test new ideas, within bounded cost and time frames.
- Manage the software development budget, with ongoing focus on personnel, vendor, and capital expenditures.
Talent Management Responsibilities
- Develop workforce strategy to meet the organization’s current and future software engineering needs through developing, hiring, and/or sourcing talent.
- Manage resource allocation across teams to maximize business impact of resources and ensure each team has the skills and capabilities needed to achieve its objectives.
- Manage software engineering talent, playing a key role in performance management and compensation processes, role and competency definition, and diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Partner with Human Resources to create learning and development opportunities aligned to the organization’s skill and capability needs, and to provide rewarding career paths for software engineering staff.
- Recruit and hire talent to address new needs and skill gaps.
- Facilitate collaboration and partnership across software engineering, IT teams and stakeholders.
- Build a culture that supports learning, collaboration, transparency, and inclusiveness.
- Manage employee engagement and promote a compelling employee value proposition to retain software engineering staff.
Oversight Responsibilities for Software Development Activities
- Champion best practices and modern software development methods and tools.
- Lead software engineering teams and other stakeholders to set goals for improving code quality, maintainability, security, and scalability. Monitor progress against these goals.
- Implement and manage software development status reporting, metrics, and benchmarks.
- Manage collaboration with Infrastructure & Operations to ensure software performs well in production and meets SLAs.
- Work with the Global Director of Information Security and 3rd Party Security vendors to ensure software is effectively secured and that risks are mitigated.
- Oversee management of relationships with consultants, vendors, and contractors and support negotiation of statements of work and business terms with suppliers.
- Oversee DevOps processes and practices, including automating the handoff of code releases from development to operations.
Skills and Experience
- Strong experience leading a software development organization that is flexible, agile, and responsive to the business growth requirements.
- Strong talent management skills including talent development, coaching, mentoring, and team motivation.
- Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate concepts to technical and non-technical audiences at various levels.
- Strong Project Management methodology and Agile software development techniques skills.
- Experience leading and/or interacting with geographically distributed clients / stakeholders.
- Ability to quickly learn business process and adapt to continuous changes within an organization.
- Ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional partnerships at all levels of the organization.
- Strong business acumen and ability to understand and drive business objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical information in a condensed manner to various stakeholders verbally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills, including an ability to perform under pressure and manage multiple priorities with competing demands for resources.
- Adaptability and ability to manage rapid change in business needs, processes, or technologies.
- Understanding of relevant tools and platforms (e.g., cloud platforms, web technologies, client-server technologies, continuous integration, and deployment), with an eagerness to learn about new and unfamiliar technologies.
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in software development with experience in successfully executing projects that meet the objectives of excellence in a dynamic business environment
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing talent.
- Experience managing a team of at least of 10-20 developers and analysts.
- Background in developing modern APIs is preferred.
- Hands-on experience in programming.
- Working knowledge .NET solutions is required.
- Working knowledge of MS SQL databases is required.
- Demonstrated experience and success in senior leadership roles in software development, DevOps, and IT operations
- Degree in a technology-related field, or equivalent work- or education-related experience.
What you'll get in return
The company offers additional benefits, bonus system and relocation package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.