sharing the costs of sports activities
- Francuska 46, KatowiceKatowice, Silesian
- Offer expired 18 days ago
- Remote recruitment
- contract of employment
- specialist (Mid / Regular)
Technologies we use
The Motion Business is a fast-growing part of Rockwell Automation that develops motion control products such as servo drives, servo motors, and independent cart systems for use in industrial applications. The most common market for these products are in factory automation applications such as packaging machinery, paper converting, printing, web handling, and automated assembly. Within the product development teams of the Motion Business, embedded software needs have increased in recent years as more and more functionality is put into software. In order to expand our capacity to deliver these features, a new team will be formed in Rockwell Automation’s office in Katowice, Poland. New team members at this location will have a great opportunity to join our business and contribute to even more success in the market.
The Software Test Engineer participates in the testing activities for motion control features in a PC-based software tool used for configuring automation controllers and attached devices. Work assignments include participation in requirements development, architectural design of automated test systems, test design, effort estimation, design, coding, and verification of automated test systems. This role requires strong communications skills and ability to work effectively in large project teams.
• Designing, developing, executing and maintaining manual and automated tests
• Creating test plan, test cases and test reports
• Making sure that team’s automated and manual tests have appropriate coverage and traceability to requirements
• Supporting team’s CI/CD environment and approach by maintaining tests up to date, executing them frequently and reporting results to agreed stakeholders
• Analyzing functional, system requirements and design for testability and risk assessment
• Guiding less experienced team members supporting them in executing testing tasks
• Monitoring and evaluating testing process adopted by the team and report any inefficiencies
• Facilitating effective communication both within local teams as well as with remote stakeholders
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
• Minimum 2 years of software testing experience including at least 1-year experience on automated testing or software development
• Proven application of at least one programming language (C++ or Python preferred)
• Good organization and analytical skills with attention to details
• Commitment to software quality
• Team player with strong working ethics and positive attitude
• English on at least B2 level
• Experience with motion control systems and/or industrial automation products and environments
• Experience in collaborating with technical development teams in multiple global locations
• Experience with end to end testing involving user interfaces
• Understanding software design principles and experience in code refactoring
• Experience with GIT and Jenkins continuous integration environment
• Experience with test management tools (e.g. qTest)
• Experience mentoring less experienced testers
What we offer
Private health care
Allowance on MyBenefit platform
Christmas and holiday bonuses
International work environment
private medical care
sharing the costs of foreign language classes
remote work opportunities
flexible working time
Rockwell Automation is the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation and information. We hire more than 23 000 employees in 80 countries. We have been on the market for 115 years, in Katowice for more than 20 and we are still developing on Silesian market.
If you want to be a part of Rockwell Automation, use "Aplikuj" button and send us your CV in English.
Rockwell Automation creates the future.
Create it with us!
We kindly inform that this offer is conditional and chosen candidates will have to go through background check process, performed by an external company. In case of negative verification results, Rockwell Automation will be entitled to withdraw the offer without any consequences.