Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
Sourcing & Vendor Management - Vendor Risk Management Specialist # 128037
Sourcing & Vendor Management (SVM) sources external goods and services for Credit Suisse by applying best practices while mitigating key commercial, contractual and reputational risks to the Bank.
As a valued partner, we strive to work collaboratively with internal business partners and key vendors to deliver increasingly high-quality and efficient sourcing services through: commercial-valued and risk-mitigated sourcing, analytical insights and market expertise, driving vendor innovation, and supporting select third-party agreements during the fulfilment phase.
The Vendor Risk Management (VRM) team within SVM is recruiting to expand its vendor risk management onboarding due diligence function. The primary objective of this function is to run regulatory driven vendor risk assessment processes and ensure the bank is not exposed to any risk while entering into relationships with third parties. The risk assessment process is aimed at collecting information on vendors and their products/services to conduct a screening and identify potential risks.
Proper assessment and mitigation of vendor risks safeguards Credit Suisse from financial, regulatory, reputational and other business impacts that would be detrimental to the business, clients and shareholders. Moreover, assessments are carried out in order to comply with regulatory requirements. Given the number of risks that such assessment covers, it may be escalated to the following risk departments that are involved in the screening process and that the SRC team closely collaborates with: IT Risk, Business Continuity Management (BCM), Chief Compliance & Regulatory Affairs Office (CCRO), Sustainability Affairs (SA), Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Legal & Compliance (LCD). The tool that the team manages is used by all stakeholders involved in vendor onboarding due diligence – Sourcers / Contract Owners / SRC / specialized risk departments. Reports on the outcomes of those risk assessments may be also used by the senior management to support effective decision-making.
You will be responsible for a variety of tasks, most notably for:
- Support managing the vendor risk framework for the bank as it relates to ongoing monitoring
- Conduct risk re-screenings and manage the mitigation of the risks identified assigned to VRM
- Ensure monitoring of the required risk areas is conducted timely, working closely with other risk groups, e.g. BCM or Information Security
- Deliver issue/risk management reports
- Keep track of all open issues and ensure their timely closure
- Cooperate with the VRM Audit & Procedure Management Team and also VRM Framework and Coordination Team
- Partner & actively communicate with other teams within Sourcing & Vendor Management and Internal Business Partners to provide information on existing vendor relationships and the re-screening framework and guide them through the vendor risk assessment process
- For existing relationships, conduct recurring screenings, health checks, risk assessments, and supplier base optimizations to ultimately ensure the best possible service to the firm
- Ensure controls over risk re-screening framework to identify potential concerns as part of the vendor risk monitoring and reporting
- Conduct risk screenings and analysis assigned to VRM to identify potential concerns as part of the onboarding process for new vendors
- Manage closure of mitigation actions that were identified as part of the vendor onboarding due diligence
- Support the team delivering high quality & efficient risk assessment services for the bank by providing the required data, including ad hoc reports
- We want you to contribute your strong interpersonal skills to our team
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual with the following qualifications:
You present excellent quantitative competencies including an aptitude for processing large sets of data with exceptional attention to details
Methodical approach, ability to produce the work on time and getting things out of the door on the deadline
You are highly dedicated person with excellent analytical and drafting skills (the ability to clearly formulate thoughts and argumentation)
You have a deep understanding of MS Excel and good knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint and Outlook)
You have excellent language skills (verbal and written): fluent English, German proficiency beneficial
Experience in Quality Controls and Risk Management, including key principles of proactive risk management identification, assessment, measurement, monitoring and mitigations is an asset
You have deep understanding and knowlage in Sourcing / Procurement / Compliance reporting is an asset
You have University degree or equivalent
You are committed for ongoing learning and love to share your knowledge with others
You have strong communication, organizational skills
You are able to work independently and collaborate with team of colleagues based locally and internationally
Your strong interpersonal skills, multi-tasking and time management skills enables you to quickly gain trust and build up solid working relationships
You are a balanced and efficient person
You are a self-starter, open for new challenges
You are a dedicated problem solver with a positive, empathetic personality and can-do attitude who loves to handle multiple challenging priorities and assignments
Private medical care
Training and development
Language training course
Family – nursery and kindergarten funding, gift vouchers for Christmas
Health promotion: Multisport card, sporting events and groups within Credit Suisse (skiing trips, football team, running team, tennis training course etc.)
Employee discounts on various products and services (event tickets, consumer products, etc.)
Employee Referral Program
Flexible work schedule and working from home (home office)
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.