Herbalife is a global nutrition company that has helped people pursue a healthy, active life since 1980. Our nutrition, weight-management and personal care products are available exclusively to and through dedicated independent Members in more than 90 countries. Herbalife is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: HLF) with more than 7,800 employees and millions of customers. The company reported net sales of $4.5 billion in 2016. Our company offers a culture focused on your career to help you expand your talents and a chance to change lives.For over 35 years, we've known that good nutrition leads to a better life. If you're ready to help us on our mission for nutrition, we want to hear from you today.
Specialist - Global Regulatory Affairs
Herbalife Nutrition GBSC Krakow
In this position you will work cross-functionally with various domestic and international departments, in-country attorneys, and in-country consultants, to obtain and maintain approvals, registrations, certifications, and self-compliance necessary for commercialization of all product types in EMEA markets of responsibility.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of relevant national product compliance regulations, including but not limited to health claims, labeling, formulation, and product registration/notification requirements for countries of responsibility.
- Effectively communicates by e-mail, telephone, fax, and in person with attorneys, consultants, manufacturers, and other departments on a daily basis with regard to all aspects of the product lifecycle. Understands when to involve Supervisor in these communications.
- Provides legal/regulatory review of new concept formulas to determine ingredient acceptability, product classification, and potential sales restrictions in countries of responsibility.
- Working with Regulatory Support Administrators, develops new and revised printed components through defined workflows in the company database, ensuring their regulatory compliance prior to printing.
- Obtains product registrations, notifications, and certifications by requesting, preparing, and submitting to government authorities and third-parties data from manufacturers and various company sources.
- Responds to inquiries from government authorities by requesting, preparing, and submitting technical and non-technical data from manufacturers and various company sources.
- Maintains self-compliance and renews existing registrations, notifications, and certifications for countries of responsibility.
- Drives changes for raw materials, formulas, printed components, and SKU’s through the company database, ensuring that all data are up-to-date.
- Tracks and manages monthly costs, by product, incurred with in-country attorneys, consultants, and third-party agencies. Liaises with in-country Finance to ensure that accruals match the invoices.
- Keeps abreast of general and product regulatory compliance developments in countries of responsibility. Communicates those issues in a timely fashion to direct supervisor.
- Communicates to direct supervisor any potential changes that could improve efficiencies within and outside of the Sr. Specialist role;
- Signs off label from a regulatory prospective in absence of a manager or in case of needs.
- Carries out all responsibilities in an honest, ethical and professional manner.
- Knowledge of the food and cosmetic regulation.
- Previous industry or related work experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, commodity science, food science or related field preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills in English.
- Detail-oriented approach.
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced setting with evolving goals and objectives.
- Autonomous approach.
- Team oriented with good people skills.
- Ability to systematically analyze problems and propose thorough and creative solutions.
- Fluency in a second language preferred.
- PC skills (email, word-processing, spreadsheets, etc.).
- Participation in interesting and challenging projects in global structures.
- A unique opportunity to professional growth and personal development within international environment.
- Attractive salary, bonuses and benefits package including Luxmed VIP medical package, Multisport Card, private insurance, entertainment events and many others.
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment with Herbalife food, drinks and game corner.
- No dress code.
- Flexible working hours.
- Chance to share your ideas and continuously improve our processes.
- Opportunity to build up your expertise through coaching, soft skills and training sessions.