Strategic Account Manager
Lokalizacja: Al. Jana Pawla II 29, Warszawa 00-867 POL
What’s the opportunity?
As Strategic Account Manager, you will be responsible to develop, maintain, and strengthen the relationship with a strategic customer of C.H. Robinson. Your main focus will be developing business for European land transportation (primarily cross-border FTL), but your scope may also expand into other services and divisions of CHR.
You will manage a strategic account with the primary objective to build strong relationships and continuously identify customer needs and growth opportunities, while representing the client’s and CHR’s long-term interests.
On a daily basis, you supervise a dedicated account team consisting of account managers and customer service. And you work closely with the European branch network to manage service level expectations; use data and implement routines to monitor and proactively manage the account’s service, quality and business development.
While serving as the link between the client and internal teams, you are responsible to drive 3x3 relationships development locally, regionally and at Corporate/HQ level.
This role (and the dedicated account team) is based in Warsaw, Poland – one of C.H. Robinson’s largest offices in Europe. You will report to the regional leadership.
What will you be doing?
- Grow Profitably:
- Managing top and bottom lines of the account
- P&L / Financial management of the account including expense management
- Maintaining up to date revenue and volume projections
- Manage accurate resource allocation
- Analyze and appropriately communicate account trends using company data repositories and industry sources. Provide senior management summaries of account health and growth
- Customer Relationship:
- Organize internal resources to create solutions that bring value to the client and drive process improvement and business growth
- Develop initiatives and manage projects to support customer value proposition
- Develop relevant relationships across multiple (executive) levels of the client organization to understand their priorities and strategic objectives
- Ensure execution of operational excellence and serve as an escalation point
- Align with customer on business management processes and planning cycles
- Understand industry trends and apply to customer strategy and business
- People Management:
- Manage the dedicated customer team (account management and customer ops), 4-5 FTE.
- Develop and manage talent – actively align tasks to individual skills and coach team members in their professional development
- Responsible for acquiring and retaining talent
- Operational Excellence & Efficiency:
- Drive a culture of operational excellence and continuous process improvement
- Use data and analytics to drive process automation to optimize productivity, quality, and profitability.
- Proactively analyze and influence the branch network to improve or maintain service, quality, and operational excellence
- Design and implement procedures in the network for service, quality, reporting, and account management routines.
What are we looking for?
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the logistics/transportation industry. In a commercial and/or operational role
- Strong understanding of the European international truckload market is a plus
- Bachelor/master level in logistics, business administration, or equivalent in work experience
- Strong communication, presentation, and documentation skills
- Natural in establishing and managing relationships, with varying levels of stakeholders
- Comfortable leading meetings and group discussions and speaking in public
- Self-starter, able to think, plan, and act independently
- Commercial and service oriented. Keen sense for business development
- Fluency in English is required. Additional European languages are beneficial
- Proficient in MS Office, Excel and Powerpoint
- Willingness and flexibility to travel
- This position is based in Warsaw.
What does C.H. Robinson offer you?
- Real career possibilities and the opportunity to develop your talent in a fast moving, global organization with a 'start-up' environment.
- A fun, positive, and open atmosphere which encourages creative thinking.
- An opportunity to use and develop your language skills in our international work environment.
- Compensation that includes a competitive monthly salary and additional incentives based on personal, team performance and business growth.
- Extensive training opportunities to move your career forward.
When you walk through the door at one of our offices, the first thing you notice is the energy. Our teams are outgoing, dynamic and engaging. If you are driven by energy, action and success, our work environment will be a perfect fit. With employees from all over the world and 48 offices in Europe, you will be immersed in an international environment working in a diverse and unified team.