Job type: Full time
Date posted: 07-09-2015
Job reference: 65708BR
At CH2M you will join an inclusive and dedicated team working on some of the world’s most impactful projects. Hard problems energize us, and fresh solutions delight us. This approach has defined us for more than 60 years, and it will drive us for the next 60 and beyond. Close collaboration among so many skilled and creative problem solvers gives us the power to safely and successfully execute almost any client project. Our people are important to us and we are committed to ensuring that your talent is not wasted, working with you in your career to develop and excel.
This position globally supports the Procurement Organization by administering the Supplier Qualification process to ensure that reasonable due diligence is performed to detect and manage supply chain risk prior to the award of a procurement agreement. The incumbent has good working knowledge and understanding of procurement qualification concepts, principles and practices. The incumbent understands the role of Supplier Qualification as part of the overall procurement process and its importance in detecting and mitigating risk to the company at the beginning of the procurement lifecycle.
- Exists within our Global Enterprise Services shared service organization and reports to the Supplier Management Supervisor
- Is globally responsible for overall Supplier Qualification activity for newly submitted Supplier Qualification questionnaires as well as the yearly renewals
- Reviews, evaluates and approves information submitted by suppliers against the firm’s internal requirements and liaises where necessary with the appropriate internal functional expert group
- Manages certification renewals
- Ensures suppliers are evaluated and approved in accordance with governing procedures and work instructions
- Uses good interpersonal communications skills to effectively interface with suppliers, managers and functional partners at all levels of the organization
- Utilizes Ariba Supplier Information Management to perform above mentioned responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Administration, Law, Quality Management or Economy
- Supplier Qualification experience or experience within Procurement, Supplier Management, Supply Chain Management, Supplier Performance Management or similar
- Strong attention to detail coupled with strong analytical capabilities
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Working knowledge of enterprise procurement systems (Oracle, Ariba) would be an asset
At CH2M, the greatest challenges provide the biggest rewards. Each day, your drive and creative ideas will be providing solutions that help build a better tomorrow. Whether it is the pride that comes with accomplishment, personal growth or making a difference in the world, you will discover true success in a career that brings out the best in you at CH2M. Ready? Let’s get to work. Developing People through Challenging Projects CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.