Staples is the world's largest office products company and a trusted source for office solutions. Founded in 1986, Staples today has an annual turnover of $24 billion and ranking third in the world of eCommerce sales. With 85,000 associates worldwide, Staples has a presence in more than 26 countries throughout North and South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Bringing easy to offices and consumers everywhere!
In January 2015 we opened Global Competence Center in Gdansk. The Center consists of teams responsible for driving major IT and User Experience enhancements for whole European organization, with other teams like Supply Chain, Financial Analysis & Master Data Management also establishing their operations in Gdansk.
Supply Planner with German
Miejsce pracy: Gdańsk
Execute the transactional process from raising purchase orders according to requirements until the products are on stock according to the purchase order.
For the assigned vendor / DC portfolio:
- Place purchase orders according to requirements and agreed contract conditions
- Confirm purchase order requisitions
- Create one-off purchase orders
- Ensure order confirmation / acknowledgement by vendor
- Update documents with vendor confirmations, manual ASNs
- Manage EDI Vendors, ensure electronic messages are exchanged properly
- Manage the EDI communication issues with all relevant stakeholders
- Chase vendors based on exceptions
- Monitor vendor delivery performance
- Chase late PO deliveries
- Deal with urgent low stock / out-of-stock situations due to vendor non-performance
- Escalate exceptions (from long vendor shortages to day to day issues)
- Administer vendor non-compliance issues
- Vendor OTIF issues
- Vendor non-compliance issues
- Invoice mismatches
- Maintain receiving plan per DC
- Coordinate exceptions and priorities with local teams
- Update local teams on structural vendor delivery issues, like longer delays and structural out of stock situations.
- Diploma of higher education
- 2 years experience in a rebuying position
- Languages: Good English and German
- Purchase to Pay process knowledge and preferably SAP experience
- Ability to manage large amounts of numerical information / data
- Some experience on ERP systems (preferably SAP) and/or planning systems (preferably E3, AWR/ASR from JDA)
- Communication skills internal and with vendor population
- Progressed in Microsoft applications, including excel and access