- plac Szwedzki 1, 05-090 Janki, PolskaJanki (pow. pruszkowski), mazowieckie
- Ogłoszenie wygasło miesiąc temu
- Pełny etat
- Specjalista (Mid / Regular)
Ingka Centres, Service Office, Janki k/Warszawy
plac Szwedzki 1
Janki (pow. pruszkowski)
We are Ingka Centres. And we love people. When people meet each other, incredible things can happen. Ideas sprout, new friendships begin and old friendships get a new start, collaborations produce results and even love blossoms. Ingka Centres provides spaces where this magic can happen. Our centres offer many reasons to visit – always anchored by IKEA and together with many inspiring partners, they attract many people, every day.
- Extensive experience of working with sustainability in a business environment, preferably in a retail and/or customer-centric business, creating and implementing long-term strategic & tactical plans and communicating the business case for sustainability,
- Strong coaching and influencing skills,
- Successful project management experience,
- Good interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills,
- Proven ability to partner with the business and to demonstrate value,
- Strong internal customer service orientation,
- Knowledge on how to manage organisational and personal change, seizing opportunities, generating and challenging ideas, willing to challenge established views,
- Knowledge of the triple bottom line, how to balance environmental, social and economic aspects to make successful business within the limits of the planet and having a positive impact on people,
- Higher education in the relevant field preferred but not essential,
- Advanced English knowledge – written and spoken,
- Advanced Polish knowledge – written and spoken (nice to have).
About the role:
The Sustainability Business Partner is the bridge between their designated Meeting Places and the Sustainability team in the service office. They are responsible for translating the Ingka Group Sustainability Strategy for the Meeting Places’ context, supporting and challenging the Meeting Places to develop tactics and activities in fulfilment of the People & Planet Positive Fundamentals. They facilitate and enable access to the Sustainability team’s expertise and services, and leverage their knowledge of both sustainability and the Meeting Place operating & commercial environment, to support the Meeting Places in adapting global frameworks and tools to local contexts.
- Develop close relationships with the members of the Meeting Place team in the Eastern European cluster, including Meeting Place Manager, Community Engagement, Customer Experience, Core Operations, Partner Relationship and relevant Cluster Operations Manager, and secure local ownership and competence by those responsible for delivering sustainability-related activities.
- Act as a subject matter expert towards the Meeting Place teams in regard to delivering sustainability activities in their local contexts, and facilitate access to Ingka Group and Centres sustainability expertise where required.
- Support the Meeting Places in the deployment, local adaptation and implementation of global tactics, frameworks and tools.
- Understand the needs of the Meeting Place teams and leverage your understanding of the Meeting Places, local markets and communities, for the continuous development and improvement of the global tactics & action planning, service catalogue, frameworks and tools.
- Identify local best-practices and insights, and share through the Sustainability Business Partners network to accelerate the quick and effective implementation of good practices across the global portfolio.
- Coach and support Meeting Place teams in the fulfilment of the People & Planet Positive Fundamentals, development of Sustainability Action Plans, annual target setting and follow-up on performance.
- Collaborate with sub/domain teams in the local service office to engage and inspire, raise awareness and understanding of sustainability topics and secure business ownership and delivery of our goals.
- Contribute to cross-functional team with relevant sustainability knowledge and expertise.
- Act as global subject matter expert on specific topic(s), supporting Sustainability Business Development Partners with strategic & tactical planning, engaging & collaborating with other (sub)domains, and representing Ingka Centres in relevant Working Groups and Taskforces within Ingka Group.
- Contribute to the development of Ingka Centres’ sustainability direction and standards in alignment with Ingka Group’s sustainability strategy.
- Role model our global Sustainability vision and strategy, to secure and inspire understanding and leadership across Ingka Centres.
- that you would stay with us for a longer time - we provide a contract of employment,
- that you would develop and build your skill with us – together we will create a development path that will suit your needs,
- to ensure the safety of you and your family - we provide medical care, Pension Plan and Accident Insurance,
- to appreciate your achievements,
- to give you the opportunity to choose additional benefits ex. cafeteria programme (including eg. Multisport card) – learn more on www.ikea.pl/TwojaStronaPracy.
Due to the fact that this position requires specific competences, please attach any file to your application in which you will present us your experience.
The three businesses in Ingka Group are IKEA Retail, which operates 367 IKEA stores that each year receive 800 million visitors, with two billion visits to IKEA.com; Ingka Investments, whose main mission is to protect the financial independence of the group in the long term by investing in strategic businesses outside the pure retail; and us, Ingka Centres, owning 44 shopping centres in China, Europe, and Russia and welcoming 480 million visitors each year.