Tieto is engaging in a new strategic partnership with a leading global Location Cloud company. The organization enables people, enterprises and cities around the world to harness the power of location and create innovative solutions that make our lives safer and more efficient. The Company transforms information from devices, vehicles, infrastructure and other sources into real-time location services that play a key role in how we move, live and interact with one another.
In this context we have an exciting and unique opportunity to support and strength the relationship of this new engagement.
To support our expansion we are looking for:
System Analyst / Researcher
Miejsce pracy: Wrocław
This position is located in PDU 4G & 5G RAN, in the RAN Systems team in Ottawa, which is responsible for delivering new feature specifications and algorithms for LTE, LTE-Advanced and 5G. The Ottawa team works very closely with other 4G&5G RAN Systems developers located in Sweden (Kista, Lund, Linköping), China and Poland.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Drive and contribute to systems studies in LTE & 5G in the area of Radio Resource Management (eg Scheduling, Link Adaptation, Beam Forming, Carrier Aggregation, Fast Cell Coordination) and also the Radio Physical Layer
- Develop software simulations for the performance analysis of LTE & 5G features and algorithms, both link-level and network-level simulations
- Drive continuous improvements of products, simulation tools and processes
- Contribute to advances in LTE & 5G Standards. Update our Statement of Compliance to relevant standards
- Contribute to Innovation and Ericsson IPR. File Invention disclosures and Patents
- Support LTE & 5G System Verification and test result analysis
- Support the deployment of new LTE & 5G products and features into customer networks. Work with Customer CSR/TR analysis. Understand customer configurations and issues
- Work collaboratively on new features, simulations and improvements with cross-functional development teams situated locally in Ottawa as well as other teams worldwide
Preferred Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Strong background in communications theory and digital signal processing
- Strong knowledge of LTE & 5Gspecifications, especially in the areas of the Physical Layer, Radio Resource Management and Mobility
- Experience in SW development for Link and Network Simulations. Languages include: Java, C and C++
- Experience in the software development and analysis of simulations is mandatory. Knowledge of simulation environments like Redhawk, Eagle and/or MATLAB would be an asset
- Analytical mindset, high capacity, result oriented and ability to deliver under pressure
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and manage many different projects at once
- Excellent English skills, both verbal and written, providing effective communication building strong relationships internally as well as externally
- Candidate should be highly motivated, a self-starter, and a team player
Nice to have:
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in a relevant area, or equivalent experience, preferably with demonstrated experience and knowledge in the above mentioned required skills areas
Interested? We look forward to receiving your application and the opportunity to discuss with you!