On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions’ innovations, products and services play essential roles in people’s lives. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.
We have a team of highly skilled System Engineers and System Architects working on next-generation public safety communication systems. Our team members are in Krakow and USA. We are working on Public Safety LTE systems and providing mission-critical applications and O&M(Operations and Maintenance) subsystems. We are building end to end solutions, starting from defining solution proposals, defining use cases, creating designs and specifications.
System Engineer/Architect: LTE Radio Access Network Engineer
We are looking for a System Engineer/System Architect that will be part of our team that designs future public safety LTE systems. Your responsibility will be to work with our business team and other architects to define solutions for our telecommunication systems. You will be working closely with development teams in Krakow but also with our third party vendors.
- 5+ Experience with telecommunication network architecture alternative for interfacing transmission, switching, bandwidth management and network operations equipment, and function
- Experience with RF site, RAN subsystem: review procedure, perform, train and assist others, cell site commissioning and integration, cell site acceptance testing, cell site equipment layout, and parameter definition, high-level reporting on performance trend (before/after cell-site migration (RRH/RRU/Antenna), work on a solution to resolve issues / troubleshooting on call degradation & RCA
- Be a guide and trainer to other stakeholders
- Experience with system and software requirements specification/analysis/decomposition
- Work with 3rd party vendors (Ericsson, Nokia etc.)
- Work with business level stakeholders as the upstream and R&D teams as the downstream.
- Experience with modeling of network transport and network optimization and troubleshooting.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Drive and initiative to define and implement solutions.
- Self-motivated and quick learner.
- Good communications skills in written and spoken English
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Effective dealing with change, ability to decide and act without having the total picture
- Ability to bring creative ideas (own and of others) to market
- Ability to accurately anticipate future consequences of potential solutions, hidden problems and risks
- Good presentation skills and ability to present\\summarize pros and cons for different options and future scenarios
- LTE RAN and backhaul protocols and implementation
- Ericsson RAN solution indoor/outdoor
- Modeling coverage analysis in Hydra/Voyager tool.
- eMBMS SFN Ericsson solution
- Familiar with E/// documentation with the ability to create and maintain Reference Configuration
- Understanding MAC, RLC and Scheduler algorithm for cellular systems (including and implementation challenges for a virtualized software-defined system)
- Understanding GSM/LTE-A/NR (5G) communication systems, algorithms, and standards e.g. Rel-13 Rel-15 of 3GPP LTE-A/NR
- Scripting & Tool (e.g. performance assurance)
- Knowledge of other telecommunication standards (3GPP UMTS, GSM, CDMA, Tetra)
- Internet Suite standards
- Routing protocols and implementation
- DNS/DHCP/NTP protocols and implementation
- Knowledge of design notation (UML, BPMN etc.)
- Windows and Linux systems knowledge\\experience
- Network and application security design
- Innovative thinking backed with patents and publications would be a plus
- Familiarity and experience with Agile software development concept