WrocławWrocław, Lower Silesia
- Valid for 24 daysuntil: 21 Aug 2021
- contract of employment
- specialist (Mid / Regular)
We are looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to join the Global System Solutions team at QIAGEN. The incumbent will help drive continuing improvements to our systems during the post launch phase, while being able to support complex software controlled electro-mechanical (robotic) systems, incorporating robotics (motion), liquid handling, temperature control, sample handling, and optical detection, and also be willing to work closely with the on-site Software Technology Center. This position also offers the opportunity to develop additional skills in molecular biology and other medical diagnostic technologies.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Identification, implementation and verification of improvements to processes implemented on our automation platforms.
- Working with cross-functional teams (sample preparation & PCR optimization and integration, troubleshooting and failure analysis) to identify and prioritize design improvements based on data collated from customers, field service, technical support and/or research & development.
- Designing experiments to reproduce systemic issues, determine the root causes and developing and implementing changes to resolve them.
- Ensuring that decisions are data-driven, by designing multifactorial experiments, analyzing data, and presenting results in a clear and concise manner.
- Liaising with our international R&D, manufacturers and interdisciplinary teams to ensure production manufacturing standards are maintained.
- Developing a strong understanding of the systems to better project future outcomes
- Education in Mechatronics, Mechanical, Electrical or Instrumentation Engineering (Engineer’s Degree as a minimum); preferably with sufficient technical knowledge to link optical, fluidic and mechanical skillsets.
- Professional experience; preferably 5+ years’ experience with complex electromechanical equipment in regulated medium to high volume market , experience with PCR and DNA/RNA extraction technologies will be an additional asset.
- Experience in manufacturing/assembly/testing/service related tasks with aptitude for metrology and mechatronics; preferably working in interdisciplinary and international teams.
- Knowledge of quality methods such as CAPA, cGMP, FMEA, ISO would be beneficial.
- Experience with product development and/or life cycle management in a regulated environment (Design Controls according to European and U.S./FDA guidelines would be a plus).
- Strong data analysis and interpretation skills.
- Strong troubleshooting skills, experience with troubleshooting systems desirable.
- Proven organizational skills, self-motivation and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of Solid Works (or other equivalent CAD package)
- Advanced oral and written English language skills.
Strong co-ordination and communication skills.
A willingness to travel to manufacturing/partner sites internationally.
Planning and problem-solving skills
Able to work independently and as part of a team
Enjoy work in interdisciplinary and internationally connected teams.
What we offer
Possibility to develop in an international company
Training and development programs
Private medical care
Group Life Insurance
Flexible benefits platform
Pension Scheme (PPE) after 12 months
Happy Monday :)
Casual dress code
Attractive location (Sky Tower)
QIAGEN BUSINESS SERVICES
At the heart of QIAGEN’s business is a vision to make improvements in life possible.
We are on an exciting mission to make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a size where we can bring our full power to many initiatives and to our presence across the globe.
Our most valuable asset are our employees – more than 5000 in over 35 locations around the world. Our ambition is to ensure we have outstanding and passionate people working in the best teams and we are constantly looking for new talent to join us.
There are few players who have shaped the world of modern science and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have only just started.
If you are looking to advance your career, are seeking new challenges and opportunities, enjoy working in dynamic and international, diverse teams and want to make a real impact on people’s lives, then QIAGEN is where you need to be.
If this interdisciplinary challenge appeals to you, you can expect a highly motivated team that is looking forward to your support!
Please apply online, quoting the reference number, with your complete application documents in English as well as your earliest starting date and salary expectations.
We look forward to hearing from you!