Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
Systems Business Continuity Planning Analyst
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
This is a critical role that will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the business during unexpected circumstances. If you aresuccessful in your application you will be responsible for building strong relationships with business leaders and BBHers at all levels across different locations.
We are therefore deally we are looking for a BBHer with strong communication skills and a background in the business who is looking for a new, interesting and challenging direction for their career.
The BCP Business Analyst, is a designated resource that:
- Responsible for ensuring BCP methodology is followed by all business groups
- Manages BCP business relationship acting as a liaison between Systems and the Business
- Work with the business owners/planners to maintain and update their BCP plans
- Manages BCP Events working with various teams to ensure our employee and business needs are met, including drafting event communications, acting as on-site BCP representative for all European events
- Manages BCP test events, this includes preparing audit reports and post mortems
- Responsible for providing BCP training and managing training documentation
- Manage security and maintenance for BCP databases (e.g. LDRPS, BBHnotify, BCP Portal, MyBCP)
- Support new BCP Office moves/new offices
- Manage local community relationships and active participation in BCP committees
The BCP Business Analyst interfaces with all lines of business as well as with all levels of management to both share BCP methodology and help them to further develop their BCP plans as well as act as their liaison during a BCP event. Will be required to work with the business owners and planners to acquire and maintain knowledge and understanding of their critical processes to provide BCP support.
1. Planning and Organization
- Maintain BCP plans in the BCP tool, LDRPS
- Maintain security in BCP tool, LDRPS including the maintenance of terminated, transferred, and new employees
- Understand and ensure BCP methodology is being followed.
- Maintain BCP database BBHnotify and ensure daily uploads are completed
2. Project/Test Management
- Participate in test events under the guidance of their BCP Team Leader working along with both the Business and Systems along with outside recovery vendors
- Assist with compiling documentation for all test events
- Support all BCP projects and Office Moves/New Offices
3. Event Management / Leadership
- Assist with BCP events from coordinating status calls, providing clear concise updates to the business heads
- Coordinate obtaining catering, lodging, and other basic needs working with other BBH Teams
- Maintain relationships with BCP Recovery providers (e.g. IBM, Polcom, Equinix)
- Participate in conversations to facilitate moving functions from one office to another working with the business leaders
- Draft employee/client communications and provide status updates on the BCP Intranet and BBH Portal
- Monitor local news sites and actively participate in BCP Committees to stay on top of potential events
4. Relationship Management
- Work closely with BCP Planners/Managers (typically MD/SVP/VP level) to understand and define their critical processes, provide guidance and direction on BCP needs and work through SLAs
- Conduct annual plan review of all business BCP plans, complete rating scorecard and manage plan review/approval process ensuring all planners and managers sign-off
Education level and/or relevant experience(s):
- College diploma or university degree and/or related 1-2 years’ work experience.
- Experience in designing and delivering employee training (a plus)
Knowledge and skills:
- Good understanding of business process dependencies and ability to identify critical functions in a financial institution.
- Ability to effectively escalate and manage under time pressure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong relationship and people management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Extensive problem solving, organizational, and project management skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, while meeting deadlines
- Ability to stay calm and communicate clearly in stressful situations
- Ability to identify various business risks in case of a BCP Event
- During a BCP Event working alternate hours can be required
- Technical knowledge
- Desktop publishing skills (a plus)
- Business knowledge of BBH core critical functions such as custody, infomediary, service delivery, and fund accounting/admin (a plus)
- Travel may be required