Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
This openness sparks innovation and agility, which adds to the entrepreneurial spirit and provides many more career opportunities for our staff. We are a group of high-performing, dedicated and caring professionals who believe that working together is the foundation for superior client service excellence.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
Systems Programmer / Analyst
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
Job ID: 39074
Brown Brothers Harriman is looking for a Programmer / Analyst who will be working on enhancing vendor Security Master platform functionality hosted internally. In this role you will work in product -oriented team having real influence on the project. You will cooperate closely with analysts and end users. It is an opportunity to gain experience with a mission critical system obtaining market data from external suppliers and providing these to internal systems for downstream processing.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
- Working with development team on ongoing projects related to Security Master platform; defining new processes and functionality within vendor application API (PL/SQL development, process workflow development, XML configuration)
- Taking part in all software life cycle, including requirement / current state analysis, development, testing support and maintenance
- Collaborate with Application Production Support team to provide L3 support
- Cooperating with end-users and analysts to work-out best possible solutions
- Creating technical documentation
- 1-2 years of experience in IT
- Strong experience with: Oracle PL/SQL, XML
- Experience with application containers (e.g. Tomcat, WebSphere)
- Experience with version control systems (SVN / Git)
- Familiarity with Linux OS is a plus
- Experience with IBM MQ is a plus
- Ability to work well in a global team environment
- Strong analytical skills to analyze and understand existing logic of vendor software, solve problems, propose solutions
- Focus on looking for best solutions, considering design from future maintenance perspective
- Desire to work in product-oriented team having real influence on the projects
- Fluent English and good oral and written communication skills
- Experience with banking and financial industry is a plus
What we offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others