Tactical Planning Manager
- offer expired a month ago
- contract of employment
- manager / supervisor
For a major client of the company, ensure the management of the planification team. Supervise and coordinate the activities of the department in order to guarantee customer satisfaction and ensure the profitability of the business.
Planification - Tactical Capacity Planning
• Ensure that all the main details concerning the monthly updated forecast is shared properly with the concerned internal and external contacts
• Ensure that the analysis of the long term forecast (from +4 weeks to 18 weeks) is properly done and all the capacity alerts are identified and shared with the concerned transport suppliers and customers
• Implement and follow up the needed corrective actions to avoid any interruption of the operations
• In case of transport capacity issue, check alternative routings, extra capacity with the contracted partners or/and involve the spot marked if needed
• Support our customers to identify and analyse capacity during peak periods and also to identify and implement cost savings
• Identify short-term and mid-term cost reduction opportunities based on self-dependent network analysis and present the results to our customers for approval
• Ensure the management and the monitoring of the long term maritime and train schedules according to forecasted volumes.
Planification - Short Term Capacity Planning
• Ensure that the capacity analysis (4 weeks rolling) by supplier for pre-transport, storage, services, distribution, including specific operations (launches, communication plans, etc.), and identification of capacity risks, is properly done.
• Ensure that the weekly transport plan, taking production and sales plan into account is shared with the transport partners
• Ensure that the projection of the saturation rate of the main centres, and identification of capacity risks are properly done and support the team for the action plan
• In case of transport capacity or performance issues, support the team for looking for reinforcement capacity solutions and verification of technical feasibility
• Work with the team in the evaluation of the economic impact of capacity solutions and presentation of the technical and economic analysis to the customers
• Manage the solutions to be implemented in order to resolve the capacity issue by coordinating all the involved actors
• Check that the reporting to customers and internally are properly followed by the concerned short term analysts (progress report)
• Support the execution team to prepare the weekly and monthly meetings with Transport suppliers and customers.
• Responsible of the department staff management in order to develop their skills and performance in order to insure the best customer experience
• Set individual and collective objectives by promoting a spirit of permanent improvement and ensure their follow-up (monthly and annual reviews)
• Responsible of the recruitment of department employees and their training in coordination with the HR department
• Ensure the good communication and information sharing between internal and external teams working mainly under the same scopes.
• Anticipate and manage conflict situations.
Superior logistic and transport education with about 7 years’ experience in Transport & Logistics with operational management.
Strong sense of responsibility
Strong culture of results
Ability to anticipate and also work in emergency situations
Organizational, planning, anticipation and leadership skills
Ability to analyse and summarize
Ability to lead a cross-functional team
Customer service oriented
Technical resources (office pack, business applications, OTB….): Office pack with a high level of mastery in particular in excel and access tools.
Perfect fluency in English – spoken and understood
Good management of tensions and conflicts
Available, organized and rigorous
Faculty of communication, listening and expression.
Respect of commitments
What we offer
stable employment in a company that is a leader in the vehicle logistics market
the possibility of professional development in an international work environment
participation in international projects