Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of seven Business Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT Equality and Individuals with Disabilities.
Tax Adviser, Audits & Litigation
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
nr ref.: 60117BR
Reporting to the Tax Audits & Litigation Lead (for Canada), the Tax Adviser, Audits & Litigation will form part of a dynamic team dealing with a variety of complex and material tax issues including:
- Participation on a global/multi-disciplinary team in dealing with complex domestic income tax and international/transfer pricing issues under review by tax authorities, including competent authority proceedings;
- Preparation of electronic audit ready tax returns files in print ready format;
- Ensuring filed tax returns are audit ready with positions appropriately supported with compliance memos, auditable work papers and other support as required;
- Liaising with Centre of Excellence and other teams to retrieve information in response to the Canada Revenue Agency (“CRA”) requests for electronic data & General Ledger reconciliations;
- Preparation & submission of General Ledger reconciliations & electronic data packs for CRA;
- Data retrieval & gathering from historic tax workings files and General Ledger data info held by Filing and Reporting team;
- Draft responses to CRA in relation to less complex queries;
- Providing the relevant documentation and explanations to support the tax filings under audit to the FX team;
- Participation in calls for follow up questions from CRA;
- Review of CRA proposal letter(s) incorporating all adjustments with impacts set out in detailed tax pool continuity reconciliations;
- Advising other tax authorities (provinces) in respect of federal reassessments;
- Modelling, calculation and recording of tax dispute items impacting the tax provisions to ensure the appropriate tax basis balance sheets are maintained to support the deferred tax assets / liabilities on the financial statements;
- Preparation of fully supportable Taxpayer Requests;
- Set up of tracker and ongoing maintenance/management of tracker for submitted Taxpayer Requests (entity by entity and by taxation year);
- Assessment and calculation of interest and penalty risks;
- Assisting in gathering the contemporaneous documentation required on an annual basis for each particular Canadian entity;
- Set up and ongoing maintenance of SharePoint files;
- Commitment to improving tax research skills that will enhance the drafting of responses to audit queries and to defend tax positions taken;
- Effective team player on tax and cross-functional teams;
- Adhere to Finance Operations Standard Ways of Working; and
- Ensure correct and timely escalations of process exceptions or tolerance/variances and their resolution is in place and is followed.
47 Legal Entities with 115 returns filed annually, various complexities;
- Recognized professional qualification in Finance / Accounting / Tax Law
- Preferably a member of a recognized accounting professional body
- Knowledge and experience in accounting and practice in tax in at least one major jurisdiction
- Experience across multiple jurisdictions, in all areas of direct taxation would be preferable
- Good understanding of tax end to end process and dependencies
- Strong understanding of Control Frameworks, controls in a tax environment and tax accounting under IFRS
- Effective influencing skills and communicator of complex tax issues; both written and oral
- Passionate about and track record of delivery through teams including development of staff
- Experience working with complex accounting and connected applications infrastructure
- Fluent English
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects
Find out more
People with disabilities are welcome
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.