Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of seven Business Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT Equality and Individuals with Disabilities.
Thanks to cooperation with Shell you gain:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Attractive salary package and yearly bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sport programmes and facilities e.g. Multisport Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Additional funds for trainings and certifications, sport sections and the EuroShell Card
- Bonus for referring your friend to work
Join Shell Business Operations and start something remarkable!
Tax Filing & Reporting Manager
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
Job ID: 83134BR
- In accordance with the Tax Management Framework and Controls (TMF&C), manage the effective and efficient operation of the Canada Income Tax Compliance and Reporting Team, including managing the Tax people performing such services.
- Ensure the accurate and timely filing of Canada income tax returns and payments thereof.
- Ensure that all Canada Income Tax processes are performed and enforce all controls in conformity and in compliance with the TMF&C, achieving positive attestations from internal and external auditors.
- Provide support to the Canada Country Tax Lead and Process Manager in his/her briefings, engagements, and other interfaces with Senior Management in Tax and business leaders across Shell in Canada.
- Interface with Canada Controller Managers and Business Tax Advisors on Canada Income Tax Compliance and Reporting matters.
Through those Tax staff that report directly to him/her and those external to Tax that he/she influences, manage the effective and efficient operation of the Canada Income Tax Compliance and Reporting Team; such to include:
- Providing advice to the Businesses and Functions,
- Calculating, recording, and reporting Canada income tax provisions, true-ups, and effective direct tax rate,
- Ensuring the accurate and timely filing of Canada income tax returns and payments (including quarterly estimated tax payments),
- Ensuring that Canada tax basis balance sheets are maintained for all Canada sectors and that they support the deferred tax assets/liabilities on the financial statements,
- Providing support to the following Tax Areas/Functions:
- Shaping tax law and rules, and external representation,
- Planning and tax financial structuring,
- Managing tax inspections and disputes.
- Manage the Canada Income Tax F&R personnel directly reporting to him/her to coordinate their efforts, ensure consistency and efficiency, and ensure compliance with all Shell people processes.
- Broad experience in business taxation working for multinational organisation, or a professional firm;
- Recognized professional qualification and a member of a recognized accounting or legal professional body;
- Deep knowledge and experience in income tax law and practice;
- Strong understanding of governance processes, Control Frameworks, controls in a tax environment and tax accounting under GAAP and IFRS;
- Effective communicator of complex tax issues; both oral and written
- Effective client/project management and task prioritization skills;
- Effective manager of own staff and consultants;
- Effective at establishing and utilizing external relationships and contacts for the benefit of Shell;
- Effective at influencing others within and outside of Shell Tax;
- Ability to adapt to new or changing circumstances and ambiguous or pressured situations;
- Demonstrates imagination and creativity in the evaluation of issues and development of possible solutions;
- Ability to evaluate tax risks, balance risk with Business objectives, and make recommendations that are objective, practical, technically appropriate, and supportive of the Business;
- Effective team player on Tax and cross-functional/cross-sector teams
- Fluent English
Find out more
People with disabilities are welcome
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.