Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of seven Business Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT Equality and Individuals with Disabilities.
Thanks to cooperation with Shell you gain:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Attractive salary package and yearly bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sport programmes and facilities e.g. Multisport Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Additional funds for trainings and certifications, sport sections and the EuroShell Card
- Bonus for referring your friend to work
Join Shell Business Operations and start something remarkable!
Tax Lead - Direct Tax Compliance & Reporting
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
Job ID: 83122BR
The Canada Income Tax group of the Shell Finance Organization is responsible for the filing of Canada income tax returns for Shell entities doing business in Canada, and for Canada companies operating overseas or foreign affiliates with Canada reporting requirements. Position is responsible for advising on and reviewing returns, complex issues and handling other associated duties. These duties include monthly review of tax provision, tax basis balance sheet preparation and analysis, research of law changes, participating in team projects within the team as well as cross-functions, tax accounting matters, and responding to inquiries by the businesses.
- Coordinate, review, and sign off of separate legal entity and consolidated Canada income tax returns, tax provisions (including return-to-provision adjustments, deferred tax true-ups, and effective direct tax rates), and tax basis balance sheets and associated deferred tax assets/liabilities by LE-AOO-sector.
- Perform all Canada Income Tax Compliance controls (including SOX and GALP) in conformity and in compliance with the Tax Manual.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert and reviewer of many complex, highly technical areas in Canada Income Tax F&R such as, but not limited to, the following:
- a. Tax credits such as Foreign tax credit, R&D credit, etc.
- b. Related-party transactions (effecting transfer pricing issues)
- c. Tax Accounting/Reporting matters
- d. Employee-related tax adjustments (stock options, pension, keyman life insurance, non-qualified benefits, etc.)
- e. Canada consolidation and partnership tax regulations, including the determination of quarterly estimated tax payments. These complex Canada income tax subject matters are characterized by the following attributes:
- Intricate calculations that are further complicated by Shell's corporate structure;
- Highly technical, non-intuitive, and ambiguous Canada income tax laws; and
- Tens of millions of dollars of net income or cash effect.
- Analyze, review, and coordinate proposed legislation / tax law changes and their implications to Shell.
- Provide tax technical training and coaching, where applicable, to Team members.
- Provide Canada Income Tax Filing & Reporting advice to Businesses and Functions, including the support of the following Tax Areas/Functions:
- Shaping tax law and rules, and external representation,
- Planning and tax financial structuring, and
- Managing tax inspections and disputes.
- Interface with external auditors on Canada income tax matters in order to attain sign-off of RDS' audited financial statements.
- Interface with Canada Business Controllers' staff and Business Tax Advisors on Canada Income Tax Compliance and Reporting matters.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the Businesses and Functions in Canada.
- Practice and comply with the Group Records Management policy.
- Assist in raising tax awareness across Canada businesses through training and workshops.
- Work on special projects, including Canada Tax Audits and Tax Planning projects
- Broad experience in business taxation working for Shell, another multinational, or a professional firm in both the upstream and downstream context;
- Experience and knowledge of Canada taxation of foreign operations;
- Strong leadership skills as exhibited through prior project management and/or supervisory experience;
- Recognized professional qualification and a member of a recognized accounting or legal professional body;
- Deep knowledge and experience in income tax law and practice (Canada income tax law/practice is a plus);
- Strong understanding of the RDS corporate structure, governance processes, the Shell Control Framework, controls in a tax environment (including the TMF&C), and tax accounting/reporting under GAAP and IFRS;
- Effective communicator of complex tax issues; both oral and written
- Effective client/project management and task prioritization skills;
- Effective at establishing and utilizing external relationships and contacts for the benefit of Shell;
- Effective at influencing others within and outside of Shell Tax;
- Ability to adapt to new or changing circumstances and ambiguous or pressured situations;
- Demonstrates imagination and creativity in the evaluation of issues and development of possible solutions;
- Ability to evaluate tax risks, balance risk with Business objectives, and make recommendations that are objective, practical, technically appropriate, and supportive of the Business;
- Effective team player on Tax and cross-functional/cross-sector teams.
Find out more
People with disabilities are welcome
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.