Tax Manager – Group Tax Reporting
- Provide expert analysis of tax charge and tax balances for Upstream/Downstream Sector including insightful and relevant commentary on the results
- Expert analysis of tax charge and balances for Upstream/Downstream Sector
- Provide expert input on Upstream/Downstream Tax Accounting issues in support of country tax reporting focal points
- Provide tax reporting management information to key stakeholders
- Work on other matters assigned where value and priorities dictate
- Ensure high quality training material in place based on identified needs of County Tax teams/FINOPs and Controllers.
- Ensure that high quality relevant Group Tax Reporting guidance is in place to meet the needs of the tax community.
- Accountable for analysis of Upstream/Downstream tax charge, tax balances and tax exposures, to facilitate sign off by Group Tax Reporting Manager and ultimately EVP Tax
- Act as a Functional subject matter expert for Upstream/Downstream tax accounting matters, including reviewing all applicable Group Audit Review Papers.
- Assist Competitor analysis and tax charge understanding of drivers; for external advice on tax charge; support Investor Relations on investor questions and commentary
- Ensure timely execution of the tax reporting process each quarter, to comply with all relevant accounting standards (e.g. IAS 12)
- Assist in identifying relevant developments in accounting standards and in particular IAS 12 and ensure impact is understood and required actions taken for Tax Community to comply.
- Assist in process of preparing and maintaining high quality training material based on identified needs of County Tax teams/FINOPs and Controllers. In developing training material seek to learn from other areas of the company with similar training issues.
- Working with Senior Tax stakeholders identify training needs in the organization and plan and execute training utilizing other resources in the team or in the wider tax community as appropriate
- Identify Tax Reporting SME’s in the Tax Community (Including FINOPS) and work to leverage the benefit of that knowledge throughout the tax community.
- Measuring Tax Reporting performance, providing feedback to Country teams and Tax Leadership Team and also working with Tax community to continuously improve reporting performance.
- Ensure Annual SOX controls are operated in accordance with Control descriptions.
- Take part in special tax projects and play active part in the Tax community where required
- Support the development and implementation of standards and priority processes in accordance with the Tax Management Framework and Controls
- Significant level of Tax exposures
- Interface with 50+ tax reporting focal points
- Providing relevant Tax accounting and reporting training to a Global tax community with widely differing skill levels and training needs from a central location
- Upstream/Downstream Sector tax analysis contains specific challenges to understand and communicate complex issues to senior management
- Provide timely, insightful and reliable management information in relation to the tax impact on the Upstream/Downstream business clearly identifying past and future trends and patterns. Specifically relating to the Upstream/Downstream tax charge, deferred and current tax balances and exposures to provide meaningful analysis and information to key stakeholders
- Understanding and providing assurance on the tax reporting features of a large number of countries / operating units
- Balance workload between Assurance work and Management Information
- This role provides an excellent development opportunity with direct exposure to a number of senior stakeholders both within Tax and the wider Finance community.
- The role requires the ability to identify critical issues, despite working with complex and ambiguous data, and the ability to be creative in providing solutions
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong understanding of tax accounting under IFRS
- Substantial experience in business taxation working another multinational, or professional firm
- Working in a Global environment and dealing with remote stakeholders/customers
- Effective communicator of complex tax issues, both written and oral, including to senior Tax and Finance Management
- Adapting to new or changing circumstances and ambiguous or pressured situations
- Effective team player on Tax and cross-functional/cross-sector teams
- Effective client management and task planning and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate tax risks, balance risk with Business Objectives and make recommendations that are objective, practical, technically appropriate and supportive of the Function’s objectives