About Hitachi Vantara
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society – what we call a double bottom line. Only Hitachi Vantara combines 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT to unlock the power of data from your business, your people and your machines. We help enterprises store, enrich, activate and monetize data for better customer experiences, new revenue streams and lower business costs.
Tax Project Manager (GFSS)
We are looking for best candidates to join us for the position of: Tax Project Manager (GFSS)
The Global Financial Shared Service (GFSS) Tax Project Manager (TPM) has oversight responsibility for all EMEA Tax projects. This person will be responsible for day to day management over EMEA tax projects to ensure that all Hitachi Vantara processes are tax compliant. The TPM takes cost savings initiatives, determines project priorities, monitors and reports progress per agreed time-frame. Works closely with Hitachi Vantara Senior Management of Tax, Controllership, Supply Chain, IT, Legal and Finance. Communicates and agrees work process changes for SSC Tax team with EMEA Senior Tax Manager before implementation. Is able to translate the effects of continuous changes in EMEA country tax legislation into Hitachi Vantara processes and procedures. Has insight knowledge of EMEA/Global VAT/GST regulations and is able to provide training and education on these subjects. Will be responsible for automation projects, including the tax side of new ERP. Will monitor EMEA tax authority legislation and IT requirements to ensure that Hitachi Vantara’s tax procedures and processes are compliant. Key responsibility areas of GFSS Tax Team Project Manager are as follows:
- Leading in tax optimization projects to support effective tax structures in EMEA countries
- Responsible for automation in relation to tax compliance including new ERP
- Identification of tax costs savings opportunities and roll-out/management of projects
- Monitors and translate changes in legislation into processes and procedures
- Works closely with Sales Operations, Logistics, field finance and GFSS teams (Controllership, RTR, AP, AR, Inventory, Inter-company) on EMEA tax projects
Key Skills, Knowledge and Experience: Essential
- 5 to 10 years experience tax and finance working environment
- Experience of working directly with multiple countries and cultures in a finance/tax capacity (advisory in Tax area)
- Professional presentation skills with the use of Microsoft office applications
- Knowledge of International and Domestic indirect and direct tax legislation
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and/or Tax Accounting
- Fluent English, proficiency in other relevant languages will be an added advantage
- Experience in tax project management
- Experience in tax automation projects
- Experience of working in a Shared Service Centre Environment
- Oracle and or SAP experience
- Strong communication, influencing and negotiating skills
- Project Management skills/experience
- professionalism, drive and resilience, problem solving, building relationships, delivering quality service, feedback and learning
- Organizational skills – the role requires adherence to strict and demanding reporting timetables and in order to meet these requirements tasks will need to be well planned and managed
- Able to work with different cultures across different functions and geographies
- Pragmatic team player, accurate & detail oriented with a hands on mentality
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
- The happiness and welfare of our staff is of huge importance to us so we offer a competitive salary and a bonus, and have developed a generous benefits package for our team (complex medical package, life insurance, Multisport card etc.).
- We trust that our employees can organize their work in the most efficient way. At Hitachi you can adjust your work schedule to your life rhythm thanks to the flexible working hours; what's more, 30 min. break is included in 8-hours working day. Additionally, there is a possibility to work from home (based on manager's approval) and an extra day off.
- We support our employees by providing interesting educational opportunities.
- We help makes lives better through Social Innovation solutions, charitable efforts and employee volunteer participation.
- We strive to create friendly and cosy working environment. Our employees can use fully-equipped kitchen and relaxation room whenever they need a little break.
- We are a global innovative IT company that is constantly growing and developing. Join us to Inspire the Next!