Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of seven Business Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT Equality and Individuals with Disabilities.
Thanks to cooperation with Shell you gain:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Attractive salary package and yearly bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sport programmes and facilities e.g. Multisport Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Additional funds for trainings and certifications, sport sections and the EuroShell Card
- Bonus for referring your friend to work
Join Shell Business Operations and start something remarkable!
Team Manager - Facilities and Equipment
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
Lead the upstream Facilities and Equipment data team in Krakow by inspiring and developing the team members, improving and monitoring the quality and timeliness of the delivery and being hands on in delivering part of required deliverables.
The team will provide to Operating Units support for Maintenance data in SAP, creation of work packs, assistance with work preparation, planning & scheduling.
- Leading the team from the front, hands-on, by guiding & motivating the team to come up with the ideas for process improvements & exploring the scope of automation. Accountability for ensuring that the 8-12 staff in the team deliver every day on agreed deliverables with high quality and, maintain a close and good relationship with their colleagues in the assets.
- Drive a LEAN culture. The team manager ensures all team members understand how they add value, what quality is in the eye of the customers and spend time on improving the processes and tools used. Maintains the relationships with focal point in the various OUs and ensures that feedback from customers is adequately followed up with sustainable solutions.
- Ensure the team has a good understanding of the expectations of the stakeholders/ representatives of various operating units and is actively managing those through effective communication and identifying & resolving challenges and issues.
- The team manger provides regular coaching and feedback to the team members and develops the team members to become maintenance data experts.
- Consistently demonstrate values and beliefs through action. Align team targets to business goals.
- Collaborate openly with other parts of the organization. Make timely decisions under ambiguity.
- Ensure that work instructions, training materials and back up plans are kept evergreen.
The role covers relationship management with several Upstream and Integrated Gas OUs. Changes in process standards tend to come with changes in the way data needs to be set up in the major SAP systems. The Team manager needs to be able to understand and explain to others how changes in process controls and technical standards need to be reflected in the IT systems. The role covers relationship management with several Upstream and Integrated Gas OUs.
- This role exposes the individual to stakeholders from different cultural backgrounds located across different time-zones.
- The work comes in peaks and the person needs to be very good in prioritization and managing stakeholder expectations.
- Maintenance relevant University Degree in Engineering Discipline and 8 years or more work experience in maintenance related activities. Experience with work preparation or maintenance planning & scheduling is an advantage.
- Experience in SAP PM, as well as strong experience with MS Excel and MS access is required.
- Experience with Primavera is an advantage.
- Sound understanding of the maintenance processes.
- Experience with leading others.
- Experience in communication with stakeholders at various seniority levels in a virtual environment.
- Experience with delivering multiple projects at the same time, whilst meeting customer expectations and taking good care of staff and budget control.
Competences and behavioral traits:
- Strong communication skills
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and ensure delivery of priorities as promised, self-starter, work without close supervision, and work through others to deliver results.
- The team manager needs to be able to prioritize the overall work load of the team and balance pro-actively demand and capacity of the team.
- Confidence to work in virtual environment & Being able to deal with diifult stakehodler conversations in a virtual environment.
- The team manager needs to be able to be able to bring into practice Continous improvement. (we have a preference for LEAN).
- The team manager needs to be a people manager.
- Includes initiative to identify and help resolve business and technical issues within the areas of responsibility.
- Being able to deal and behave under tough/challenging situations.
- Experience in teaching others new technical and soft skills
Find out more
People with disabilities are welcome