Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of seven Business Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Shell is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, LGBT Equality and Individuals with Disabilities.
Team Manager Finance Reporting & Accounting
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
nr ref.: 65533BR
Thanks to cooperation with Shell you gain:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Attractive salary package and yearly bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sport programmes and facilities e.g. Multisport Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Additional funds for trainings and certifications, sport sections and the EuroShell Card
- Bonus for referring your friend to work
Join Shell Business Operations and start something remarkable!
Team Manager will be responsible for managing Reporting & Accounting team (General Leger, Fixed Assets, Reporting, and Management Information).
Controls and Compliance
- Act as a coach supporting people development.
- Ensure learning opportunities for each team member.
- Align team & individual objectives to achieve company’s goals.
- Review and assess performance of team members.
- Support and motivate the team, act as a point of referral on all personal and performance issues, ensuring prompt and professional resolution.
- Participate in recruitment processes.
- Develop, maintain and operate a control framework that ensures effective and robust control over all team activities, covering proper segregation of duties.
- Ensure audit points are followed through to timely completion with adequate control framework to prevent re-occurrence; ensure knowledge is shared across team.
- Ensure team compliance with all internal governance and procedures as defined, e.g. communication schedule, change control process, work policies & procedures.
Manage the period/quarter/year end processes and deliver all required activities accurate and timely.
Cooperate with various stakeholders (from Shell Business Operations in Krakow, Global Reporting and Analysis Teams, Group Reporting, Business Partners and Auditors).
Effectively and promptly identifying and resolving problems during month end close as a key to meeting closing deadlines.
Candidate must possess the ability to work on different tasks concurrently, often with tight deadlines.
Set right priorities regarding multiple work and demands.
Participate in both internal SBO and Shell Group projects as required.
Ensure delivery of training in the area of expertise and proper execution of hand-over procedure within team.
- 5 years of experience in various financial/accounting positions
- 2 - 3 years of supervisory experience
- University degree/ qualifications in Economy, Accountancy or Finance
- Knowledge of IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) desirable
- Very good knowledge of all accounting processes or previous experience in other departments within Finance Departments
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to build relationship across various stakeholders
- Very strong analytical skills
- Business focus: understanding of key business processes within an organization
- Strong achievement-orientation, motivation & ability to deliver quality results under pressure
- Good working knowledge of Word, Ms Outlook, Excel
- Excellent written and spoken business level in English
- Good knowledge of accounting controls
- Desired knowledge of SAP or SUN accounting system
- Team oriented; strong leadership skills proved with experience
- Can work under pressure in a rapidly changing environment
- ACCA/CIMA/IFRS or similar post-graduate qualification is nice to have
Find out more
People with disabilities are welcome
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.