Azelis is a leading global distributor of specialty chemicals and innovative ingredients, representing first-class manufacturers across various industries. Our activities are built on decades of experience. Founded in 2001, the company has grown rapidly both organically and through acquisitions and is now present in 44 countries. We employ more than 1,900 people globally with 67 offices across Europe, Northern Africa, the United States and Canada as well as Asia Pacific.
Our business is industry-focused and organised around Market Segments. Life Sciences includes: Personal Care, Pharma, Food & Health and Animal Nutrition and Specialty Agri Horti. Industrial Chemicals covers: Chemical Industries, CASE and Rubber & Plastic Additives, Homecare & Industrial Cleaning and Lubricants & Metal Working Fluids.
We are looking to hire a
Technical Business Development Manager Food & Health
This role will be based in one of the following countries: Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary or France , but for the right candidate we are also ready to consider basing the role in another European country.
Promote the business and develop sales in the Food & Health market segment to achieve agreed business targets and meet customer needs. Build relationships with key contacts, seeking and pursuing opportunities to grow sales of existing and development products.
As innovative, entrepreneurial technical business development manager you will be part of a growing team, reporting into the Market Segment Director (MSD) Food & Health EMEA & Group Principal Manager (GPM). You will have the opportunity to support teams across the EMEA Region and collaborate for building and developing new business in the Food industry.
Target and objective setting
- Support all countries involved in identifying the right segments and customers to achieve growth targets. Provide support during budget process
- Stay in close contact with the appropriate people at the Principal in order to be fully updated on any changes in portfolio, strategies, launch of new products, etc. Make sure that the principal is also up-to-date on Azelis’ development plans, success stories and feedback from the markets
- Set the targets for countries for promotion of new products and development of the new segments according to Principals targets
- Interact with the MSDs and GPMs
Delivery of results
- Monitor pipeline growth in each mandated country and make sure that it’s targeting the right segments with the right products. Monitor conversion rate of the pipeline
- Provide Technical and Commercial support for the teams in mandated countries. Be the first point of contact for any technical questions/problems coming from the teams. Make sure that all the teams are at the same level of technical knowledge
- Perform joint visits with the teams at customers to help them solve technical questions and drive conversion of the pipeline into actual business
- Align with the principal on the focus products for active promotions and corresponding actions
- Coordinate sharing of successes and synergies between countries, e.g.by developing the tools for sharing successful product concepts developed in each country
- Manage critical issues and seek solutions
- Track performance (internal and external) vs target and analyse results on a continuous basis
- Signal issues and define improvement actions together with local teams and principal and offer support.
- Support reporting needs from GPM to Principal on the specific market segment or product group
- Keep up-to-date with technology developments
- Develop market and competitive intelligence
- Provide this information to the relevant persons in the organization
Interaction with Principal
- In combination with GPM and MSD, discuss and agree on targets and objectives of project pipeline with Principals
- Report pipeline performance to Principal
- Support on-boarding of Principal in new territories
- Foster, ensure and coordinate business communication / knowledge transfer between Azelis and principal business units
- Serve as central point of expertise for the Principal related to the specific product group or market segment
- Realization of objectives and targets (project pipeline, growth, volumes, number of customers, etc.)
- Number of new products and/or country mandates
- Principal satisfaction
Qualifications & skills
- Min. 5 years of relevant working experience in the Food Industry: knowledge of corn starches and derivates is a plus;
- Technical, University education: Master degree in Science (Food technology a plus);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Polish, French or Spanish are a plus;
- Highly organized, able to work well under stress, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines;
- Commercially savvy and result-oriented;
- Able to adapt quickly to a fast-paced environment with changing priorities;
- Self-motivated to start up new initiatives to generate more opportunity of sales;
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills;
- Creative & innovative: able to think out of the box and develop new means to generate interest and fill the sales pipeline;
- Confident in interacting at all levels within the business, from R&D to commercial and senior management;
- Driven: you love to challenge yourself personally and develop new skills;
- Ready to travel across Europe
- Used to working with different cultures and in multiple countries;
- A good sense of humour definitely helps !