Technical Support Engineer Intern - Digital Media
About the Company
We're at the heart of the Internet, handling between 15-30% of the world’s total web traffic, helping the most innovative companies remove the complexities of delivering any experience, to any device, anywhere. Founded in the halls of MIT, Akamai remains dedicated to a youthful optimism of problem solving through intellectual curiosity, collaboration and commitment. And we're growing quickly. If you'd like to work in a culture where hard work and innovative ideas are consistently rewarded, join us and help shape the future of the hyperconnected world.
Akamai has been recognized as one of the top Great Places To Work in Poland by the Great Place to Work® Institute in Poland.
About the Job
As an Akamai Digital Media Technical Support Engineer you will be an integral member of an EMEA wide team (spread out across 6 EMEA locations) responsible for resolving highly technical, complex issues.
You will be responsible for maintaining the trust of our customers (which include many Fortune 500 corporations and government agencies).
You will be working directly with our customers' technical operations and upper management teams in defining issues, resolving them, or supporting a cross-functional team to drive resolutions.
This is not typical technical support position. You will be involved in all technical aspects of Akamai's products and services and be critical to our customer relationships.
You will work closely with the rest of the support team and engineering to share knowledge, deliver the best possible service for our customers, and improve Akamai by developing ideas based on customer feedback.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver excellent, world-class technical support.
- Communicate with customers to design and implement complex technical solutions
- Work independently with our customers' technical teams on post-sales technical issues which may involve complex data/log analysis from Akamai's distributed network and examination of the customer's infrastructure
- Work closely and coordinate problem resolution through cross-functional teams
- Work closely with engineering and product management to define, coordinate and prioritize customer feedback and ideas into engineering requirements for future enhancements to Akamai’s products & services
- Assume a technical account management role for designated named accounts or strategic customers by analyzing existing technical issues and proposing solutions for the customer
- Manage custom support of special high-profile network events (World Cup, Olympics)
- Define requirements and/or code tools in order to automate troubleshooting tasks
- University Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or relevant engineering/science fields or relevant work experience
- Knowledge of common network protocols (HTTP, TCP/IP, UDP, RTMP) and troubleshooting tools
- Interest in solving technical puzzles
- Very good verbal and written English communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of other European languages (German, French, Italian, Spanish) is a huge plus
- Interest in one of the below listed technologies:
- RTMP Flash
- Adobe HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS)
- Apple HTTP Live Streaming (HLS)
- Microsoft Silverlight Smooth Streaming
- Progressive Downloads
- Video Encoding
- Web Server Administration (Apache, IIS, nginx)
- Web Services (SOAP, XML)
- Operating systems & programming knowledge and experience (Linux/variants of Unix, Perl/shell scripting or Java)
- SQL and databases – crafting queries