Technical Support Engineer – German or Spanish
The excellent service we bring to our customers is one of our most valuable assets in the market. As an Akamai Technical Support Engineer you will be an integral member of an EMEA wide team (spread out across 6 EMEA locations) responsible for quickly resolving highly technical, complex issues.
You would join one of the two Technical Support teams - Web Experience, where the focus is on Web Applications, Site Acceleration technologies, traffic management and Web Application Firewall while the other team - Digital Media concentrates on Streaming, multimedia content delivery, storage and audience analytics.
You will be critical in maintaining the trust of our customers (which include many Fortune 500 corporations and government agencies). You will be working directly with our customers' technical operations and upper management teams in defining issues, resolving them, or leading a cross-functional team to drive resolutions. If you are passionate about IT, if you know how the Internet works and you wish to further develop that knowledge - this job is definitely for you. We are seeking a detective that will resolve most complex puzzles for us.
- You will work on and resolve technical problems and issues reported from the technical staff of our customers related to Akamai’s products and Infrastructure.
- Demonstrate leadership and work independently to resolve complex technical problems, including escalation to our product engineers as necessary.
- Demonstrate Customer Orientation: You are able to understand quickly what the customer wants and the associated technical and business impact.
- Work with an English speaking, multicultural team, operating in different time zones.
- Work closely with, and manage issue-specific cross-functional teams composed of Engineering, Operations, Sales, Professional Services, and Account Management representatives.
- Develop methods and best practices for delivering outstanding service.
- Participate to share knowledge through creation of knowledge base articles about solved issues.
- Define, coordinate, and prioritize customer feedback and convert it to ideas into engineering requirements for future enhancements to Akamai's services, In addition you will team up with Engineering and Product Management to implement these enhancements.
- You will have a minimum BS/University Degree in Computer Science/Engineering.
- 1-5 years’ experience in engineering, systems administration, engineering support or consulting.
- English and Spanish or German – working proficiency.
- Very good knowledge of how the Internet works (HTTP, DNS, etc.) with strong emphasis on HTTP.
- Knowledge of common network protocols (TCP/IP, ICMP, BGP) and troubleshooting tools.
- For the media team: RTMP, storage and streaming experience.
- Experience providing technical solutions & support to enterprise (Business-to-Business [B2B]) customers – you will only work with technical experts.
- Operating systems & programming knowledge and experience (Linux/variants of Unix, Perl/shell scripting.
- Strong relationship building skills, with the ability to positively influence the actions of others, working as a team player.
- Great problem solving skills with the ability to resolve complex, highly technical issues, often under time pressure.
- Strong team players who enjoy multitasking in a fast-paced challenging team.