QIAGEN is one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies. With our sample to insight solutions that unlock valuable molecular information from biological samples, QIAGEN helps to improve healthcare and safeguard our societies, enables the development of new medicines and paves the way for scientific breakthroughs.
Join the revolution – and see how you can make a difference!
Technical Supporter Bioinformatics
Job ID #: 8056
Functional Area: Technical Service Location: Wroclaw (Breslau), Poland
Duration: unlimited Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
- Provide excellent technical support for the QIAGEN Bioinformatics product lines including Biobase, CLC bio, and Ingenuity software applications to our end users with molecular biology, NGS (Next Generation Sequencing) and/or bioinformatics background;
- Become an expert user of our software and communicate key concepts to users from various backgrounds;
- Answer support requests related to installation, configuration, troubleshooting, use of command line, graphical client software, and server software products, incl. cluster-based environments;
- Gather, record and escalate customer feedback to guarantee a high quality and high consistency customer interface;
- Contribute to improving customer facing touch points (help portals, product manuals, video
- Partner with other departments and global teams to resolve customer and/or process issues in a timely manner and follow up to ensure the same issues are not reoccurring;
- Participate in project groups and internal training on technical projects, including server and grid setups;
- Perform occasional on-line/on-site customer training sessions and on-site technical support work.
- MSc or PhD in computer science, engineering, bioinformatics or molecular biology or a related field;
- Fluent in English, with excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Computer administration (preferably Linux systems) and scripting/programming experience;
- Experience with complex server systems including GRIDs is considered a strong plus;
- Interest in bioinformatics data analyses and their biological context;
- Previous work experience in a related field is considered a strong plus.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills to analyze, define, and solve complex technical customer concerns;
- Exceptional team player, comfortable working in a highly skilled group of scientists from diverse backgrounds;
- Excellent customer service skills, enthusiastic attitude, and solid work ethics;
- Comfortable with interfacing users via email, phone, WebEx and in person.