Technology Risk Director (Data Governance), VP
to join the insource organization supporting the State Street EMEA
The Technology Business Controls organization is a risk-focused control and regulatory function that enables the Global Technology Services workforce and partners to act as risk managers in order to protect the bank and ensure compliance with global regulations.
Technology Business Controls is focusing on advancing the overall level of maturity with regard to understanding and mitigating risk in our environment. A major component of that is the implementation of the Enterprise Data Governance Framework, which was established to ensure State Street’s data is of high quality and managed within a sound controls environment. In conjunction with the Enterprise Data Governance Board, this function will drive the progressive implementation of the framework through four levels of maturity until the target state is achieved. This Data Governance Lead will be responsible for working with the GTS teams, Data Stewards and Data Analysts to ensure this capability.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Leadership: Provide leadership to and oversight of the Data Governance capabilities being implemented across technology, ensuring data quality objectives are being measured and met, and continue to meet overall strategic objectives
- Innovation: Provides expertise and leadership to drive innovation in the Data Governance and Data Management capability
- Competency: Understand the enterprise data management and governance direction, processes, rules, requirements and deficiencies. Identify opportunities for improvement and incorporate into the GTS data strategy.
- Reporting: Manage Data Governance presentations, metrics, dashboards and overall progress communications
- Focus: Drive organizational focus, facilitate discussion to address conflicting points of view, and drive decision making on implementation of sound governance controls associated with:
Identification of Key Data and Information
Business Accountability and Context
Data Quality Issue Tracking
Data Quality Controls and Oversight
- Compliance: Assure Corporate Policy Compliance and Data Quality resolution through collaboration of key stakeholders. Work with technology teams to ensure assignments of Stewards/SMEs and produce plans for the governance of key data and information.
- Training: Ensure technology teams develop the knowledge of Data Governance and Management practices through completion of available trainings, and coaching provided by this role.
- BA/BS Computer Sciences/Business/MIS or equivalent required; Masters a plus
- 10+ year’s experience in data governance and management. Risk, compliance, financial services experience a plus
- Prior business operations experience role with a data focus
- Strong understanding of enterprise data management concepts, principles and practices
- Experienced in managing/monitoring data platforms with data driven objectives
- Ability to understand data models, data taxonomy and a deep appreciation of data standards and data quality
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual and problem solving abilities
- Proven ability to establish and implement data governance strategy in a large global organization
- Proven ability to drive change through collaboration and influence
- Ability to drive multiple workstreams simultaneously
- Ability to solve complex problems independently and collaboratively
- Ability to comfortably interact & communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to provide thought leadership in the area of data governance and maintain evolving expertise in data governance best practices
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway