Who we are
At Roche, 85,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity
Get to know more. Visit us at: it.roche.pl
Working place: Warszawa
As a Teradata Developer you are responsible for designing, implementing and testing solutions based on Teradata. You participate in software development and maintenance processes, as per quality requirements, procedures and best practices applicable at Roche.
Your duties include interpreting business cases, preparing specifications and analysis of functional and technical requirements; designing solutions and creating documentation as well as estimating the individual scope and time-consumption of the assigned tasks.
You apply your knowledge of technologies, systems, and tools to solve problems and support core business and IT processes and solutions. proactively resolving or escalating problems when appropriate. You cooperate with solution architects and internal partners in the scope of technological consulting, presenting and discussing the progress of project/service works. You also coordinate activities related to the implementation and testing of the solutions.
Based on your previous experience you may lead a small technical team in terms of expertise and in the scope of software engineering/quality assurance tasks. You have an opportunity to develop your knowledge in the scope of best practices and standards of creating software at Roche and spreading the knowledge throughout the organization by educating and supporting less experienced specialists.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination based on gender, race, age, skin colour, nationality, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, background, physical or mental disabilities, or on any other grounds.
- Education on related fields (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematical Engineering Information Systems)
- 5+ years of work experience in Teradata development (using SQL)
- Hands-on experience with Teradata 14.10 and 15.10
- 3+ years of data warehouse modeling
- Understanding of BI and ETL processes
- Practical knowledge in Oracle DB will be a significant advantage;
- Nice to have UDF and stored procedures knowledge and experience
- Ability and mindset to share knowledge in the form of mentoring less experienced colleagues;
- Ability to efficiently allocate tasks, monitor and drive them to accomplishment
- Ability to present effects of work, propose solutions at various levels of organization
- Good analysis skills and ability to quickly learn new concepts and systems;
- Advanced knowledge of English language (both in writing and speaking)
- Excellent relocation package - up to 20 000 PLN gross;
- Dynamic and prestigious work environment, interesting projects using the newest technologies, all within a global IT function;
- Opportunity to design and implement software solutions for the world’s largest biotech company that transforms patients’ lives;
- Attractive and competitive salary and package (health-care, sport pass, pension scheme, Social Fund);
- Professional development culture supported by training, development plans, international opportunities, including short & long-term assignments.
This job offer is also addressed to candidates with disabilities. Applying for our position, we assure you that we will assess your application solely on the basis of your competencies.We encourage you to include in your CV information about possible improvements that can be done to make it easier for you to participate in the
Who you are...
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point...
... The next step is yours.