Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
This openness sparks innovation and agility, which adds to the entrepreneurial spirit and provides many more career opportunities for our staff. We are a group of high-performing, dedicated and caring professionals who believe that working together is the foundation for superior client service excellence.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
Transfer Agency KYC/AML Senior Expert
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
Job ID: 36361
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Subject Matter Experts to join our Transfer Agency team on a position of Transfer Agency AML/KYC Senior Expert.
As a Transfer Agency KYC/AML Senior Expert, you’ll be responsible for assessment of investor's files in accordance to global AML KYC requirements and frame work, defining investors' risk rating, AML status and reporting as well as management of escalations (related to PEP, Negative News, etc.). Your thorough AML KYC knowledge and experience, understanding global standards, regulatory requirements and complex investors’ structures will enable you to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and act as AML advisory specialist. To be successful, you’ll need to be highly organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, and capable of monitoring and completing multiple projects and tasks, have very good communication skills and be able to work under time pressure.
If you are looking to push your career to the next level, introduce yourself by submitting your resume.
Key responsibilities include:
- Review investor’s AML KYC requirements and documentation for varying investor types in strict accordance to procedures and policies;
- Review and management of escalations raised by Level 1 and 2
- Applying BBH risk rating methodology to determine risk rating
- Quality control and checks on the assessed files
- Managing of investor communication
- Investigation and research of AML/KYC requirements on a range of institutional clients’ types including different legal structures, in various jurisdictions.
- Support businesses across various product groups including Alternative Funds and Equities
- Analyzing complex investor structures
- Close cooperation with compliance and risk teams during review of high risk accounts
- Challenging procedures and improve processes where needed
- Assist with implementation of new AML/KYC platform
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with Transfer Agency Investor On-Boarding, PMO and Shareholder Services
- BS/BA degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years of prior AML/KYC experience required
- Transfer Agency experience highly welcomed
- Highly organized, detail oriented, self-motivated, capable of monitoring and completing multiple projects and tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a potentially high pressure, client-driven environment
- CAMS certification recommended
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others