Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH) is a privately-held financial institution and has been a thought leader and solutions provider for almost 200 years. We serve the most sophisticated individuals and institutions with award-winning expertise in Investment Management, Private Banking, and Investor Services. Our 5,000 colleagues operate from 17 cities throughout North America, Europe and Asia..
BBH is committed to diversity, innovation and globalization. Our culture is driven by our goal to provide the best solutions and services to our clients and each other. Our Partnership structure creates a flat organization that promotes collaboration across all business lines. We believe that diverse ideas and the ability to come together globally across groups and borders are a competitive advantage. In order for all our teams to excel, members must trust each other and feel comfortable providing honest input from all perspectives.
This openness sparks innovation and agility, which adds to the entrepreneurial spirit and provides many more career opportunities for our staff. We are a group of high-performing, dedicated and caring professionals who believe that working together is the foundation for superior client service excellence.
As a BBH professional, your career path is yours to define. We take pride in our ability to retain our best employees. We help them manage their careers by moving top performers to new areas of BBH where their talents will make the greatest contribution. As soon as you walk through the doors at BBH, we provide you with the tools to help you succeed and grow your career.
Transfer Agency Team Leader
Miejsce pracy: Kraków
Job ID: 36540
At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Transfer Agency Transaction Processing Team Leader!
Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting Transaction Processing Team Leader to join our Transfer Agency team. In this role you will be responsible for the day to day management of the Transaction Processing team with the objective to achieve overall high client satisfaction.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the department
- Validate and approve transfer agency transactions
- Effectively handle special processing situations that require strong oversight or manual intervention
- Work with Supervisors to establish weekly Rota that allocates task according to the skill set and deadlines within the team
- Review and discuss with the Manager any issues requiring escalation
- Ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to on a daily basis and have this evidenced
- Oversee all internal or external audits and ensure a clean report is received
- Establish, together with the Manager service standards and procedures for the department
- Implement KPIs to determine the team's performance in meeting these service standards
- Establish effective internal and external network
- Establish strong vertical and horizontal relationships within the department, BBH and clients
- Actively participate and work with the Client Service Managers and Production Support in the launch of any incremental business such as new funds or share classes
- Work with Senior Management and Risk to manage controls efficiently to alleviate any potential risk areas
- Remain knowledgeable of changing industry initiatives (attend to presentations, work sessions & personal effort) and educate clients continually through presentations
- Responsible for instituting and reporting on measures to determine the team's performance in meeting these standards
- Conduct bi-annual performance appraisals and provide regular feedback based on goals for direct reports
- Participate in the interview and selection process for job applicants, assist new staff members in learning job specific tasks
- Organize and perform the cross-training of staff on all aspects of Transfer Agency Data and Transaction Processing functions to develop depth and breadth of knowledge
- Work with his management to address the training needs of the group (including the industry specific topics)
- Establish successful level of synergy within the department
- Minimize overtime and implement additional efficiencies as automation projects are completed
- Develop training plans for all staff members and ensure that mid to long term career plans are in place for all staff members
- Ensure succession planning and coverage at all times
- BA/MS degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 6 years of Transfer Agency experience with 3 years of which must be in a similar function
- Prior experience working in a client servicing focused work environment
- Proven ability in people management, and ability to delegate and to gain the commitment among team members
- Experience in planning, initiating and following through to meet objectives
- Ability to coordinate across departments/functions when needed to handle specific client requests
- Ability to identify, recommend and implement improvements to existing processes
- Attention to detail and proven ability to handle complexity
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and demonstrate initiative
- Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to adapt to change and problem solving
- Good knowledge of standard Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge or prior experience of Multifonds is an advantage
- A second language is a plus, preferred is German and / or French
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others