VAT Specialist Europe
Edgewell Personal Care
- offer expired 2 months ago
- contract of employment
- specialist (Mid / Regular)
- hybrid work
Now, Let’s Get Down to Business
You will be reporting to the Shared Service Centre Finance Manager and will be responsible for providing VAT support to the EMEA legal entities including UK, France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Czech Republic, and Poland. You will work with local professional advisors, local affiliate Finance & Controllership teams, the International Tax group, and Outsourcing partners to ensure that all EMEA Personal Care legal entities are provided with appropriate VAT support. You will also be responsible for managing EMEA VAT compliance processes, VAT tax audits and to provide specialist VAT technical support to Finance & Controllership colleagues and the wider business.
Here’s a sample of what you’ll get up to:
• Internal Controls – Create control environment for VAT and Intrastat reporting in Europe to minimize the risk of fraud and errors, and to mitigate the risk of fraud and errors being committed.
• VAT Submissions – Review submission of VAT, Intrastat and EC Sales reporting for European legal entities and ensure supporting documentation is adequate and appropriate controls are in place. VAT Support – Provide ad hoc VAT and Intrastat technical expertise and support to EMEA entities including liaising with country specific professional advisors where appropriate.
• External Audits – Manage VAT and Intrastat audits with support from professional advisors and communicate findings on a timely basis to the EMEA SSC Manager.
• Talent Management – Develop and align the capability of the Europe VAT Analyst to the business’ needs.
• Processes and Systems – Review and develop existing systems, tools, and processes to ensure; Internal Controls are effective, the integrity of financial information, and that services provided to the business are efficient and cost effective.
• Audit, Statutory and Taxation – Assist in providing any required VAT support during the Annual Audit process (Internal and External) to ensure efficient and timely completion and timely filing of all statutory reporting obligations, Returns and Taxation/VAT/Intrastat submissions.
Are You Ready to Show Us What You’ve Got?
We may not be VAT experts, but you will be. We’ll need you to be comfortable working across multiple European regions as well as liaising with external advisors and internal stakeholders. Ideally you will have worked for gained experience within a consumer goods or cosmetics business with a specialty in VAT/ TAX.
In addition, it would be great if you have the following skills and experience:
• Part Qualified Chartered / Certified Public Accountant (or local equivalent), or extensive relevant experience.
• Graduate degree with an emphasis on Finance, Accounting and Management (preferred).
• Have a significant level of experience in tax operations or in an accounting role with VAT focus.
• A good level of English language skills, both orally and in writing.
• A good level of numeracy and experience performing quantitative and qualitative analysis.
• Solid accounting knowledge.
• Good computer literacy essential together with a good working knowledge of SAP and Excel.
• Good team player with previous experience of leading small teams; comfortable working as part of matrix environment.
• Focused on delivering to internal and external deadlines.
• Additional European languages are an advantage.
What we offer
Attractive salary, pension scheme, health insurance, life assurance, car allowance, 25 days annual leave, occasional travel in Europe, employee assistance programme,discounted Edgewell branded products, Go Green travel allowance, flexible working, free beverage and snacks, casual wear Friday’s, Sports & Social Club, and a great boss.
Let's Talk About You
You’re ambitious, but you want a career with purpose—we love that. You’re up for a challenge and ready to write the next chapter of your career story with a great group of encouraging colleagues. You want to make your mark and let your personality shine. Well, if you’re interested in our VAT Specialist role, this might be your next step! This is a great choice for an experienced Tax/ Finance Specialist, especially since it requires a focus on Europe so you will manage multiple entities. We are looking for a strong collaborator to join Edgewell Personal Care – a global consumer goods business with a portfolio of over 25 brands (Wilkinson Sword, Hawaiian Tropic, Carefree, Bulldog Skincare for Men and recently acquired Jack Black… just to name a few!).
Now Take the Next Step
If you’re looking forward to progressing your career with us, then we’re looking forward to hearing from you. Please apply online with an up to date CV along with your salary expectations.
Alternatively, feel free to pass onto your colleagues who may be interested. For information about this great company, visit www.edgewell.com