- Ogłoszenie wygasło 7 dni temu
- Umowa o pracę, Kontrakt B2B
- Pełny etat
- Starszy specjalista (Senior)
For our Client, an international shipping company located in Tricity we are currently looking for Vessel Cost Controller with strong ability to act in greenfield environment and proven track record to set up procedures and implement most up-to-date solutions.
Vessel Cost Controller will be responsible for: 1) Monthly cost control
- Be part of the financial closing cycle of Fleet Management
- Improve overall data quality by performing data analysis and reviews
- Support the crewing cost verification and payroll processes in cooperation with Finance & Accounting
- Assist in the monthly assessment of accruals related to crew and purchasing cost
- Ensure all financial policies and procedures are embedded and followed within the organisation to ensure financial requirements.
- Monthly reporting and analysis of the Periodic and YTD compared to historical and forecasted figures
- Provide Management comments/summary on key items based on input from Fleet Management
2) Financial Planning & Analysis
- Coordinate the Financial Planning cycle (forecast / budget) by:
- in cooperation with superintendents providing guidance and manage expectations of future expense
- ensuring timely delivery of, reviewed and challenged, financial figures and KPI’s.
- providing management comments/summary on key items based on input from Fleet Management
3) General / Management support
- Be the financial business partner of senior and middle management
- Increase the financial (cost) knowledge, analysis and awareness within Fleet Management
- Create costs awareness within Fleet Management and support
- Support management in their (adhoc) management reporting or queries
- Liaising closely with company’s management and various departments
- Owner of monthly Fleet Management KPI report and support further development of management reports
4) Decision support and Analysis
- In conjunction with Fleet Management and Senior BP&C member(s):
- Develop models that support the analysis of the Fleet’s operational performance and improves the understanding of opex developments
- Identify improvement opportunities based on historic figures and (market) trends
- Support decision making of potential solutions or investments that will long term reduce the operating costs while maintain satisfactory operational performance
5) Project control
- Support project management in the planning, monitoring, and reporting of various projects (new building, conversion and dry docking)
- Develop project templates and models based on historic data and experiences
- Financial business partner for project management (part of Technical Management) regarding budgets, forecasts and post-analysis of projects, which includes cashflow, risk, liquidity, reporting and general monitoring
Qualifications and experience
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Advanced MS Office capabilities.
- Experience with accounting-, HR- and purchasing systems.
- Good command of English and fluency of local market language
- Ca. 5 years of experience working in a Capex / Cost driven environment, to include ca 5 years of experience within finance administration and project controlling.
- Basic understanding of main components to operate a ship and an eagerness to understand shipping technology.
- Exposure to the shipping industry is a preference.
- Proven experience of successful collaboration between finance and non-finance people.
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Ability to travel and work abroad
- Ability to work to challenging deadlines in demanding fast paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills, including relationship building skills with the company’s internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to influence outcomes at a middle/senior management level without any direct line authority
- Ability to think innovatively in developing and implementing solutions and not afraid to start building from scratch
Exhibits a drive for continuous improvement of processes and operational excellence in their area of responsibility
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.