private medical care
Vice President - Global Engineering
KK Wind Solutions Polska Sp. z o.o.
- Goleniowska 62, Prawobrzeże, SzczecinSzczecin, West Pomeranian
- offer expired over a month ago
- contract of employment
- remote recruitment
Do you want to orchestrate the development of new and advanced wind turbine control and subsystems? Do you want to be empowered and supported as a leader within a global enterprise?
Then you might be the one to draw the strategic lines of Global Engineering and help set the direction for our company altogether.
“You will take charge of the department that defines tomorrow’s renewable energy products. Needless to say, your ability to enable a wind-powered future is huge,” says CCO Kenneth Svinth.
JOIN THE FRONT LINES OF RENEWABLE ENERGY DEVELOPMENT
With a relentless focus on staying ahead in the vastly growing business that is renewable energy, more than 35,000 wind turbines are equipped with our solutions.
Spearheading Global Engineering from our office in Stettin, Poland, you will lead a department – Global Engineering – consisting of 60 employees split into 3 different teams: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Operational Engineering.
The department holds a mix of engineering specialists within different fields, collaborating to support our sales divisions with new, creative and future-proof wind turbine control systems and product alterations.
DRAWING STRATEGIC LINES AND STREAMLINING GLOBAL ENGINEERING
As part of a multicultural organisation that spans continents, you will gather insight from across the globe and utilise them to develop and implement the strategy of Global Engineering. Your focus will lie on digitalisation and customer feedback, making sure that our products stay in the loop.
Additionally, you will:
• Make sure that our portfolio of inquiries, quotations, requisitions and orders are planned, prioritised and allocated
• Take part in business review and executive management meetings, where you use your insight as a decision-making factor and report on new development in your department
• Take charge of quality, risk and safety management within Global Engineering
• Cooperate with our 4 different sales divisions to ensure that they are supported with product development that reflects future customer needs
“You will take part in defining the strategy of KK Winds Solutions by bringing ideas, facts and numbers from your department to the table – truly putting Global Engineering at the front line within renewable energy,” says Kenneth.
ADAPTABILITY, EXPERIENCE AND CULTURAL UNDERSTANDING
You have an uncanny ability to work in an environment where your day doesn’t always go as planned. And your solution-oriented and adaptable mindset can move mountains. Also, you understand how cultural backgrounds affect working relations and know how to navigate different types of stakeholders in a global enterprise.
THE CORE COMPETENCES TO SUCCEED IN THIS POSITION:
1.Solid knowledge about Wind Industry:
• Expert technical knowledge of wind energy generation, power converters, batteries, Switch gears, power systems and their components
• Deep project experience in wind power sector
• Expert understanding of business model of wind projects
• Expertise in existing policies and standards
• Thorough knowhow of operation and maintenance of wind turbines
2. New Product Development:
• Expert knowledge about the regulatory frameworks and laws related to new product development
• Is able to deliver on regulatory activities in support of key strategic business or quality initiatives throughout the product lifecycle
• Ability to establish new product development strategies and plans, monitor and track the implementation of development plans, and bring in technical expertise
• Ability to provide technical expertise in strategizing and leading product piloting trials, production testing and evaluation
• Expertise and support in electrical/ mechanical calculations and designing simulations required for each product type Independently
• Knowledge to lend expertise in performing D-FMEA and evaluating a product design
• Ability to research new technologies that align the development function with the goals of the organisation, and also track and monitor product innovations in similar/allied industries
• Guide others in preparing and facilitating a verification plan to meet complex design requirements
3. Technical Leadership
• Accountability for technical aspects in products for the enitre project, electrical and mechanical
• Guide and motivate teams to follow technical policies, procedures and documentation guidelines
• Effectively delegate and monitor progress in tasks across responsible persons
• Ability to find the right way through pressed situations and parallel tasks concerning technical matters
• Willingness to teach the less experienced colleagues in the team especially with regard to recurring experiences in a project delivery cycle
• Ability to establish technical expertise in from of the customer and brainstorm technical solutions with them
Furthermore, you possess:
• 7+ years of engineering or SCU leadership experience
• A solid technical understanding
• English language proficiency
• A background within electrical engineering, electrical power systems, energy systems or similar
sharing the costs of foreign language classes
sharing the costs of professional training & courses
remote work opportunities
flexible working time
no dress code
coffee / tea
Want to learn more and apply?
Then submit your resume and application. Interviews are held on an ongoing basis.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!